Are there any free programs you know which a guy can use to easily ilustrate his rig?
To make a sort of "Guitar-Geek" drawing of your rig withoud spending hours on it.
I don't think so.

Which raises an interesting idea, surely it wouldn't be TOO hard to program a drag and drop style program to do this. I might look into it.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Most people (like me) copy bits of rigs from the site, and then MSPaint them. The guy on the website, Adam Cooper, probably uses Photoshop.

I wanted to make a flash drag n' drop program, but the thing is, there are SO MANY PEDALS!!! ARGH!!! You'd need a focking huge catalog, and programming the cables to appear and link automatically would be hard...
Now there's another great idea. I didn't even think of flash.

Instead of having the cables come in automatically, I was thinking you could have like different line tools (effects loop, signal, MIDI, etc.) that you could drag from pedal to pedal and the line would come up. But yeah, sooooo many amps and pedals.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Its quite easy with photoshop by using plastic wrap and other filters on actual photos of each component
Ron Paul 2008