So I woke up this morning and found I had a text from the number 82070 saying that I couldn't receive a text from this number because I didn't have enough credit. So I thought, well I need to top up anyway, so I put some money on my phone and just got this message...

"Thank-you. Your voucher ref number is 290259. Please visit www.phuketairporthotel.com for details of this 2 night for 1 offer! H/line 08700687499"

I then checked my credit it, and they charged me £2 ($4) for it!

Can I do anything about this? I can't find anything about either of the numbers.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

(If anyone wants to use the voucher you're welcome )
send stop to watever the number was. Its one of those bullshit ****in txt to win things i think. Its ****ed up.
::::Soul Prospect::::
♪♫♫♫♪
Waitwaitwait...

You get charged to recieve text messages?

Sweet Jumping Jehovas...

Well, yeah, I have an idea... switch your plan!!
I didn't have a signature until now.
You just got scammed, noob.

Why would you believe something like that?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I don't get it, how can you get charged for RECIEVING a text?
Sure, if it's something you've signed up to I understand that. Like say "Sign up here for daily SMS's etcetc *fine print "$2 per text"*"
But like... just recieving a text out of nowhere that charges your ass off for it?

punchadonkey, did you sign up to or reply to anything that could've gotten this?
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by Scourge
I don't get it, how can you get charged for RECIEVING a text?
Sure, if it's something you've signed up to I understand that. Like say "Sign up here for daily SMS's etcetc *fine print "$2 per text"*"
But like... just recieving a text out of nowhere that charges your ass off for it?

punchadonkey, did you sign up to or reply to anything that could've gotten this?

Dob-Edit: Oh, I didn't realise that was the threadstarter's username.

But still.
Last edited by Dobzilla at Feb 11, 2007,
You have to sign up to something at some point. This can even be just replying to a text or entering a competition where you don't read the TOS.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Scourge

Now you say it...

But it had nothing to do with this. I obviously just got put on some spam register.

Gah!
That sucks, then again, it's only 4 bucks. Last week I lost $20 when I tried to buy bus tickets. The ****ing machine ate my money. So I called the ****ers, they said I'll be contacted within a week to see if I can be reimbursed. If I DON'T get reimbursed, I'm going to baptize them with a ****ing flamethrower.
i remember i saw some guy on the street corner, and he had money in his hat so i thought he was selling something. so i pulled out a 5 and gave it to him, then stood around for a few minutes waiting to get whatever i was buying, and he never gave me anything so i just took my money out of his hat and walked away.

/thread