hey guys just wondering if anyone knows if eddie vh can read music, my guitar teacher told me he read he cant read a lick of music or doesnt know his notes on a fretboard, some stuff ed plays makes you wonder he does some strange chords licks etc, ok any comments please.
ibanez rocks
I think I agree.
Just look at some of the "solos" ...waaaay out of key.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
yea i come up with some of his chords and i cant figure the nake of them like 0
0 whats that
ibanez rocks
Clearly your teacher doesn't have a clue. Anyone that knows Eddies history knows that he started on piano, pretty much have to be able to read music to play that instrument. And do you seriously think that he doesn't know the fretboard. I don't think that you can achieve the level of mastery that he has and not know the fretboard. Your teacher is trying to impress you by degrading another player that has achieved a status that he never will.
i dont know, alot of guitarists are more educated than you may think espcially jimi hendrix he knows alot alot more, well he knew alot more than most people gave him credit for and he could play violin and bass
Quote by La Qotsa
I think I agree.
Just look at some of the "solos" ...waaaay out of key.

Eddie was trained as a concert pianist. He can read music, trust me.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'

Eddie was trained as a concert pianist. He can read music, trust me.

If all the the coke hasn't brainwashed him yet, that is.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Even if he has the ability to read music or not, he did something to music that hasn't been done in almost 30 year and probably never will again. For the last 29 years, there's been EVH rip off's being spit out faster than you can blink, and Eddie always remains the original.

Plus you don't have to be able to read music to be good. I imagine every player can read tabs, but you don't need sheet music for guitar.
hehehe. EDDIES BACK!!!!! i can't wait till van halen starts touring. and eddies sons playing bass. thats pretty cool. any one know when there gona start touring?
Quote by Halenrockr
hehehe. EDDIES BACK!!!!! i can't wait till van halen starts touring. and eddies sons playing bass. thats pretty cool. any one know when there gona start touring?

And DLR is on vocals again

I think they start touring in june (not sure tho)
Anyway, thread on the same page as this one.

*Closed*
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.