Ok, I'm having a dilemma...I've been playing a Squier for 6 months now and I really want to upgrade. That means, either swap out all 3 stock pups for better ones, get new tuners and/or a new bridge, and maybe a new input jack OR get a new guitar. I'm thinking of an Ibanez rg2ex1, $300 at musicians friend. I'm very short on cash and I don't know what to do.
Quote by King_Arthur
Gibson guitar = $500 (guess)

Pack of strings = $5

Messing up your guitar with a bass string = Priceless
i am faced with same problem. i've got an epiphone les paul and want more. i've been playing for like 5 months and i'm pretty good. so help if you can.
Quote by PureIronMaiden
i am faced with same problem. i've got an epiphone les paul and want more. i've been playing for like 5 months and i'm pretty good. so help if you can.

What's your point? You've been playing for 5 months and you have an epiphone Les Paul, and you say you want more. What's next step, you'll buy a Gibson Les Paul and after 5 month you'll say, " Eh, I want more!".
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
lol yeah.....i'd take that epi over my squier any day.....and hey, i couldn't find an ibanez rg350 on musicians friend... also my price range is $300-$400
Quote by King_Arthur

Pack of strings = $5

Quote by zacky gates
lol yeah.....i'd take that epi over my squier any day.....and hey, i couldn't find an ibanez rg350 on musicians friend... also my price range is $300-$400

The rg350 cost between 300-400$ depending on the shops. You should go for that, seriously.
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
i say you switch the pups, bridge and tuners and everything
at GuitarFetish.com you could probably get all that for a little over $100
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
ah i c.....i googled it and it looks pretty nice.
Quote by King_Arthur

Pack of strings = $5

Well, I would suggest a new amp, but if its upgrade your guitar or get a new one, I'd say get a new one unless the strat is especially good.
holy crap i was just at guitar fetish.......how can they afford to sell those parts so cheap?
Quote by King_Arthur

Pack of strings = $5

Quote by SaulHudson
Well, I would suggest a new amp, but if its upgrade your guitar or get a new one, I'd say get a new one unless the strat is especially good.

it actually is pretty good for a squier......I love the walnut stain finsh and the black pickguard/pups
Quote by King_Arthur

Pack of strings = $5