okay i just brought my guitar to a tech to have it set-up as it has a floydrose bridge and i dont have much free time to set it up myself.after getting it,it played well,the action was a little high though and when a friend of mine looked down its neck/fretboard from the body,it was bending away from the strings! i dont know if its supposed to be like this but you can really see that its in a curve in reference to the strings.now i am a bit worried as this may damage the neck.what will i do about it guys? should i leave it as is or should i loosen the strings,adjust the trust rod or something?
if ur not too sure on the rod, i HIGHLY recommend u take it to ur guitar tech. u can seriously **** up the neck if u don't know wat ur doing.
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
PIcs?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Yeah, truss rods are complicted things. Leave that to the pros. As for the bridge, I don't think the consequence is too serious if wrongly adjusted, maybe just string buzzing or too high of action.

Take it to a professional who knows what they're doing.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
yes i can post some pics so you guys can see.but its in poor quality.i am thinking on loosening the strings first just to relieve the pressure on the neck until i get it to a tech.
it's normal for a neck to have a slight bow. do this check:
capo on 1st fret
fret on 17th fret (or where ever the neck meets the body)
now when the string is fretted on the 1st and 17th fret, check the distance between the string and the 8th or 9th fret
it should be around 0.3-0.5mm. if it's more then you have too much bow which causes too high action and bad intonation. if it's less or there isn't any it will probably cause buzzing.
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Your tech sucks.

It's either the neck bowing, or the saddles are too high. Go take it to a tech who's worth his weight in salt.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
^lol i was thinking the same thing but the tech is my friend and he did it for free so..anyway.i did the fretting to check the height.i did it on the low E string gauge .42 and the distance between the string and the 9th fret is more or less the same as the size of my low e string.i dont have a ruler to check it in mm,so is it ok?

i checked the action and its roughly 0.3cm high in the 12th fret on the low e string.

i cant post pictures cause the quality of my cam is very poor
Salt is worthless now.

Hmm, you might want to tighen the rod a tiny bit. i go about a quarter turn at a time until the action is satisfactory. my action on one guitar is fine with all but the low E, so i had to take it and lower the other saddles. I wouldn't recommend this, though, as it will mess up the intonation.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Well, you get what you pay for. Take it to a real tech who knows that he/she is doing this because he/she will get paid, not 'cause you're their buddy.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club