thesumoftwo
UG Freak
1,313 IQ
howdy!

my band need a huge opening song for a set, it needs to be a song from a really popular (ideally modern band) which every one willl know here in the UK, its also got to have that feeling where i can just fly around the stage whilst singing it.
thesumoftwo
UG Freak
1,313 IQ
well, the rest of our set consists of things like the boys are back in town and highway to hell with the odd indie thrown in for good measure, but theyre not so well kow indie tunes, just fun ones. I thought, it might be fun to play a more recent not necessarily indie but certainly some form of rock song that everyone in the croud would know and would also get them all energised
Vague Ideal
100 IQ
Cochise by audioslave is awesome opener for a set especially if you can get the lights to come on as you start actually playing after the intro. Im pretty sure most people would know it too and its simple but hard to sing in places just cos Cornells amazing at singing
thesumoftwo
UG Freak
1,313 IQ
im classically trained lol, singing isnt too big a deal for me as long as its not freddie mercury lol.
thesumoftwo
UG Freak
1,313 IQ
just listened to the audioslave song, sounds a bit heavy/farfetched for what we play lol. we're much lighter kinda things. think ACDC and snow patrol or the killers. or similar bands.
AdamDK
Meh.
2,296 IQ
A Favor House Atlantic bY Coheed and Cambria is an awesome song to open with. It is a fast paced song, pretty easy to learn (The rhythm is just all powerchords, but sounds so cool), and it is quite a energetic song.
fretboarddragon
33 IQ
We usually open with the Atari's version of "Boys Of Summer." It's pretty up-tempo, in your face, and our crowds really seem to go for it. Alot of bands I go see have trouble getting the people up in the first set..."Boys Of Summer" gets ours going right off the bat. Just my slant........
Yngwi3
UG's Tone & Grammar Nazi
1,292 IQ
chasing cars?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
claptonfan55
Bluesius Maximus
408 IQ
Well, since you're in the UK, you could always try something by Oasis.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
GdayArmstrong
346 IQ
minority, 2000 lightyears away, having a blast, i fought the law, dani california, flight of icarus, american idiot (please don't flame)
kevinw
280 IQ
Banquet or Like Eating Glass from Bloc Party
sTx
Proud Autodidact
1,692 IQ
Back In Black by AC/DC will work. Anyone who doesn't recognize the opening riff should be castrated, and his testicles should be sold to the guards outside the White House.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Colohue
227 views to 60000!
1,554 IQ
Muse- New Born. Everything about that track screams 'more to come.'

Might point out to the guy who said to do Fox On The Run. At least say the version by Deep Purple as the Sweet version is an exact copy with a different singer.
Tom Colohue is a writer from Blackpool, England, recognisable for his integrative descriptive work and his cynical textual mannerisms.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

I have the most profile views on UG.
joshsirjoshules
UG Newbie
1,741 IQ
Well if you like indie bands, play "Teenage Riot" by Sonic Youth. Indie, and it kicks ass.
GiantRaven
UG Spammer
1,301 IQ
Quote by sTx
Back In Black by AC/DC will work. Anyone who doesn't recognize the opening riff should be castrated, and his testicles should be sold to the guards outside the White House.

How stupid, you can't expect everyone to know every popular song in existence

Anywho, Knights of Cydonia would be a cool opening song if you could pull it off
ponnightingale
He'll never give you up.
1,300 IQ
Muse + 3

But not Knights of Cydonia, that would be a better finale. I think New Born, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, The Smallprint or Time Is Running Out would be a good opener.

My opinion.
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Wonthefu
LVL.e6-&وΓ.
1,116 IQ
I was gonna say One of These Days I'm Going to Cut You Into Little Pieces by Pink Floyd, but there's only one lyric to that song. So how about Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin or Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd? Or some Maiden, Number of the Beast perhaps?
AshDoro
Dogpiss of the Year(07)
581 IQ
Welcome to the jungle.
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Floyd1122
Shine On
223 IQ
Quote by AshDoro
Welcome to the jungle.

+1
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
eckmann88
Mr. Awesome
1,172 IQ
Yeah, Knights of Cydonia would be a good closer.... How about Sweet Child O Mine?
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
GiantRaven
UG Spammer
1,301 IQ
Quote by ponnightingale
Muse + 3

But not Knights of Cydonia, that would be a better finale. I think New Born, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, The Smallprint or Time Is Running Out would be a good opener.

My opinion.

I think it would be good as either to be honest

But yeah, a better closer
Colohue
227 views to 60000!
1,554 IQ
People seem to be screaming Muse :P
Tom Colohue is a writer from Blackpool, England, recognisable for his integrative descriptive work and his cynical textual mannerisms.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

I have the most profile views on UG.
TMAW
Genuine Hendrix lookalike
100 IQ
if you want an indie song open with i bet you look good on the dance floor, if you want some acdc type stuff then open thunderstruck if your up to it and back in black if your not
Quote by yawn
Wikipedia articles are my inspiration.

www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Custom Strat
Roland Cube 30 (soon upgrading to Peavy Valveking 112)
Danelectro FAB Metal
Marshall VT-1

RIP Chris Benoit
METSOAD
Bass Man
2,689 IQ
Sad But True if you like a good metal song, if not have a go at Take a Bow or Hysteria by Muse
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!