What is a good amp for around $300? im willing to pay more if absolutely necessary
well, help us out!!!! what do you play, influences etc?
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Theres no such thing as a good cheap amp XD
Nah im just joking, yeah it would help if we new what sort of stuff you played, or what kind of tone you want.
Quote by Brandon860
what do you call a short criminal?

a leprechaun.
Nirvana, RHCP, Smashing Pumpkins, Pop-punk, Metallica, Hendrix and other classics
ooooooh, pretty wide range there boyo. OK, theres a few options, firstly u can go solid state (SS), in which case id recomend a vox valvetronix, probs the 30 or 50 watt version, loads of different amp models available on emk', sound pretty good. Or theres the roland cube series, dirt cheap adn prettty damn smooth sounding . Again loads of veriety with bui;lt in effects and everything (both amps have that!), roland particulally good for the heavier stuff. On the other hand u can go all valve, which sounds a million times better than SS. However you may have to save up a bit more, lol. Or you can get the epiphone valve junior range (check out my sig). these are retro sounding amps, very bassy, and for the styles you want u;d have to run some pedals with it. These are in your price range and will sound loads better than the SS amps. Or if you save a bit more theres the peavy valve king series, all valve amps which apparently kick ass for metal.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

but i recommend youu go to a music store and try out some amps until you find the one that is meant for you