Well the story of this worn guitar hard case, I bought it from a shop for £20 in bad condition. After a year or so of not using it, Ive decided that I want to fix it up to a usable condition.

Here are some pics, which strangely make it look better :P

So really, I just need some information about where I can get the materials. I.e new tolex, new padding, new soft materials, new brackets and fastenings.

Cheers guys.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Last edited by Lordoflax at Feb 11, 2007,
Red with black and white stripes. Vanhalenize it, son!!!

It look like it's in great condish to me. You can probably buy brackets and such at a guitar shop. Tolex you can get at Home Depot maybe. Not sure about lining
Quote by mattblooze69
Just buy a new one!!!!!!!

But thats no fun !!!!!!!

really, It isn't in good condition, like I said the pics make it look quite good. Its really worn inside and outside.

But what I am unsure about how to replace is the metal 'binding'. I really don't think these are available buy?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by mattblooze69
Just buy a new one!!!!!!!

this isn't the guitar buying forum...it's building and customizing for a reason. I'm sure you could find tolex at any project store. Padding and soft materials might be able to be found there as well. as for the rest..try a guitar store or pawn shop.
For padding and materials, try one of those shops that sell lots of craft stuff, and materials for sewing, or furniture factories may have offcuts you can have.

For the latches and handles etc, I'm told shops that sell suitcases and things will sell them individually. Otherwise, try 2nd hand shops and get an old case and take them off. I'm not sure about the metal binding on it, but if you take the case in to them, they may be able to tell you more, or suggest someone who sells it.

Looks like a fun project.
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
Last edited by MrAngryEyes at Feb 11, 2007,
Quote by MrAngryEyes
For padding and materials, try one of those shops that sell lots of craft stuff, and materials for sewing.

For the latches and handles etc, I'm told shops that sell suitcases and things will sell them.

Does anybody think this could be a low cost job? Because i'm also about to build a guitar so I don't want to splash out on making my case better if its going to cost alot.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

I'm sure it could be a low cost job. It may take a little longer to find all the bibs and bobs for cheap/free, but it could be done.
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
Quote by MrAngryEyes
I'm sure it could be a low cost job. It may take a little longer to find all the bibs and bobs for cheap/free, but it could be done.

Thanks. Looking for tolex in DIY shops in england is difficult. Anybody got any suggestions?

Also anybody got any suggestions what I could replace the metal binding with?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Well I took it to the garage in an attempt to take the brackets etc off. But because the wood is thin it is very difficult to get the brackets off without the wood snapping. Ive tried to pry the brackets off but to no avail. ANybody got any suggestions?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Any fabric store should carry "tolex" it's just vinyl, tolex was a brand name that some how stuck just like xerox and kleenex.
Carvin MTS 3200 Head
Avatar 4x12 (2 V30's and 2 G12-T75)
Quote by Lordoflax
Well I took it to the garage in an attempt to take the brackets etc off. But because the wood is thin it is very difficult to get the brackets off without the wood snapping. Ive tried to pry the brackets off but to no avail. ANybody got any suggestions?

drill the rivets or whatever out?
- Bill Hicks
Unfortunately, The case was very old and the wood wasn't in great condition so it was prone to easy damage. So I decided to build my own. Watch my progress in my Hard case thread in my sig.

Danny.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!