so I basically have two options narrowed down for my Epiphone Les Paul. I will be using this guitar for my school's jazz band, but want it to play blues and rock as well.

Option number 1: Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Pickup Set

Option 2: Seymour Duncan Jazz in the Neck: http://www.zzounds.com/item--SEMSH2
Seymour Duncan SH4-JB in Bridge: http://www.zzounds.com/item--SEMSH4

any other reccomendations are cool.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
the jazz and 59 would be a good set,i dont thing a JB would be the right pickup for blues and jazz.

Emg 89 was the one i think good for blues and clean..
if you're lookin for a rock tone similar to GnR (you didnt really specify), i suggest you get the alnico pickups by seymour duncan, thats what slash uses, and is great for gritty rock tones. btw i have th JB model on my strat and is very good imo, i reccommend it also
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
those two options are exactly the same pickups.

budget?

also, changing your amp is what you really want to be doing. assuming the mg is the only one you get to use regularly.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by k*CMYK
Option 2

as dave has said, they're both the same
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Neck- Alnico Pro II, Jazz Model, '56 Model
im currently searching for a blues/jazz neck pickup, and those are the ones ive narrowed it down to so far.
Bridge- for rock, I trust the Custom(SH-5) and the JB