I always look for new websites which sells gear cheaper than others do. So I made this thread for people to use if they want to find gear at the cheapest price.

The way I do things from this point is go to my local shops, try out stuff, then buy it cheap on the internet

So if you know of any amazingly cheap websites to buy gear list them here. Remember to write what currency it uses (E.g, USD, euros, GBP)

Here's a few to get the list started.

http://www.thomann.de/ - Euros/GBP (Choose language)

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com - GBP

http://www.music123.com - USD
Everyone should write where it's based and where it ships.

www.maxguitar.nl - Euros, ships in Europe, possibly worldwide, based in the Netherlands.
www.musicstore.com - Based in Germany, but ships worldwide, and displays many different currencies.
I'm all for getting stuff cheaper, but problem with this is that if these cheaper sites put your local shops out of business, where do you try out the stuff?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I'm all for getting stuff cheaper, but problem with this is that if these cheaper sites put your local shops out of business, where do you try out the stuff?

...Order the stuff from the websites, and then return it if you didn't like it?
^ you'd be out postage, which could be £50 depending where you are. you wouldn't have to order and return too much to not have enough money left for the gear you want.

Also, the way to tell if you really like something is to try it up against its rivals, not in isolation like the way you'd have to do if you ordered without trying.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ you'd be out postage, which could be £50 depending where you are. you wouldn't have to order and return too much to not have enough money left for the gear you want.

Also, the way to tell if you really like something is to try it up against its rivals, not in isolation like the way you'd have to do if you ordered without trying.

Order five pedals at once, send back four?
^ hehe. you'd still be out a fair bit of postage, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I agree with Dave. The majority of people who buy online don't try the stuff in shops. And I've rather go to a shop to buy something than get it shipped, because even if I've tried it before, it could take a few bumps and whatnot in the process.
Quote by Untitled001
The way I do things from this point is go to my local shops, try out stuff, then buy it cheap on the internet

I bargain with the guy at the store. If he doesn't come under a price I've seen on line on his own, I tell him the price I've seen. Then he comes down.

I'd rather keep my money local and I want what I want when I want it, not at it's approximate shipping date!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Dave_Mc

Anywhere where I get the chance... My local ones don't really let me try stuff... Mainly because they're tight... And it's quite a small shop too..

The only place nearby that I can try stuff is Arena music and that's an hour away from me :/
Quote by AdamDK
I agree with Dave. The majority of people who buy online don't try the stuff in shops. And I've rather go to a shop to buy something than get it shipped, because even if I've tried it before, it could take a few bumps and whatnot in the process.

it really depends what it is, though- a guitar is liable to sound quite a bit different if it isn't the one you've tried. with stuff like amps and pedals, it should sound the same (or at least extremely similar), so if you've tried it before and liked it, it's probably ok to order it. I certainly wouldn't order without trying, though (caveat: unless you get a really kickass deal, like you can sell it on for more than you paid for it if you don't like it).

Quote by slatsmania
I bargain with the guy at the store. If he doesn't come under a price I've seen on line on his own, I tell him the price I've seen. Then he comes down.

I'd rather keep my money local and I want what I want when I want it, not at it's approximate shipping date!

agreed, that's the other thing you can do, use the 'net to get a good price and use it to bargain. I did that with my VJ.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
are these sites actually trustworthy though?
i need to convince my mum they are because for like half the price they are in britain and FREE shipping something doesnt add up...maybe it does though and im paranoid but help me.
world music supply.com...are they legit?
Quote by GrEgUms1991
I call my penis 'Dr Danger'

Quote by mattyp90
A Chuck Norris roundhouse kick ... to the face, naturally.

If you've Noticed this Notice you will Notice that this Notice is not worth Noticing.
^ you need to be careful with music 123... not that it's not legit, but anything electrical (NOT guitars, but e.g. amps) will be on a different voltage to the UK, etc.

also, they may not ship to the UK.

as far as I'm aware (i.e. i haven't used them myself, but have heard from loads of guys on the net who have used them), both gak and thomann are legit.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
any ideas on world music supply
gibraltar double bass pedal for $103 !!!!!!!
Quote by GrEgUms1991

Quote by mattyp90

If you've Noticed this Notice you will Notice that this Notice is not worth Noticing.
what is this? ^^^^
Quote by GrEgUms1991

Quote by mattyp90

craigslist is a website of classifieds. go on, search for what you want, and quite often you'll find people selling those items (sometimes new, mostly used). i use it because you can find great deals, it's cheaper than buying an item (new or used) at a store, and you can also meet the seller, see the gear, and try it out yourself (if the seller allows). while a few friends and i haven't really had any problems buying online in the past (except shipping), i hate spending a lot of money on something i've never tried out myself - and i mean try out that exact item, not try out the same model.
I have yet to find something guitar-related online that wasn't priced the same as in my local shop.
all of those sites give you approx. the same prices that you would pay in a local store unless you haggle.

the only sites i'v found any gear to be relatively cheaper are:

www.chrisguitars.com
www.ebay.com

EDIT: note that both sites sell used stuff, rarely anything new
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at May 3, 2007,