one of the equalizer knobs on my bass keeps falling off... any tips on how to keep it on? would super glue be unwise?
i think super glue would be a bad idea. just bring it into ythe shop, probably a cheap fix eh?
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
I don't see any reason why super glue would be bad, but I would suggest using a weaker adheasive just incase you ever need to take it off again.
Quote by Bass Cat
i think super glue would be a bad idea. just bring it into ythe shop, probably a cheap fix eh?

I agree--its probably the threading inside the knob is stripped, or the mounting screw. Both should be a relatively cheap and easy fix.
mehhh... guitar center's a good 30 minute drive away i doubt my parents would take me just for a knob... ne easier fix : (?
i got a temporary fix... i stuck a piece of construction paper in the knob and stuck it on and it must have been that the knob has been worn and is now to large to hold onto the "stick?" so now that the paper has shortened the whole it seems to be holding until i can get a replacement knob.
Please don't use any form of adhesive.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
Please don't use any form of adhesive.

Agreed, it's a piss poor "solution".

Especially considering we recently had a "How do I get a knob that has been superglued into place to turn again?" thread.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by canadianpunk071
Agreed, it's a piss poor "solution".

Especially considering we recently had a "How do I get a knob that has been superglued into place to turn again?" thread.

yeah happened to me quite some time ago but with loctite...ended up replaceing the pots on the bass...just dont do it
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.