So this guy locally has an Analog.man Sun Lion for sale. Very cool looking pedal that he wants close to retail price for. Retail being $335 US. I'm wondering if in a world where the ZVex Fuzz Factory can be had for $169, and a Big Muff can be purchased for under $100, if it's worth it?

I know the best option is for me to try 'em side by side, but I don't have that access to the boutique pedals outside of on-line demos. So I'm looking for opinions. Thanks.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Hmm it's your choice. Go over to his and play the pedal before you buy. If you can...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by slatsmania
So this guy locally has an Analog.man Sun Lion for sale. Very cool looking pedal that he wants close to retail price for. Retail being $335 US. I'm wondering if in a world where the ZVex Fuzz Factory can be had for $169, and a Big Muff can be purchased for under $100, if it's worth it?

I know the best option is for me to try 'em side by side, but I don't have that access to the boutique pedals outside of on-line demos. So I'm looking for opinions. Thanks.

Fuzz Factory for 169$??

Here the cheap version ( Vexter) is 200 Euro, which is 260$. The normal one is 390$.
Sun Lions are supposed to be amazing. Although they are pricey. I have a Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz and I'm really liking it so far.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by mr_hankey
Fuzz Factory for 169$??

Here the cheap version ( Vexter) is 200 Euro, which is 260$. The normal one is 390$.

That's the one I'm talking about: $169 Fuzz Factory.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by JJK
Sun Lions are supposed to be amazing. Although they are pricey. I have a Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz and I'm really liking it so far.

Oooo, what d'ya think of it? I've got the Classic fuzz. I liked it much better than the Axis though, but personal choice.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Oooo, what d'ya think of it? I've got the Classic fuzz. I liked it much better than the Axis though, but personal choice.

I like it. It really gives me that Hendrix snarling fuzz sound, which is what I wanted. Basically I can get the exact sound that he had on Band of Gypsys. Think BoG Voodoo Child.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Niiiice. I can get amazing Hendrix sounds from it too, and it really reacts differently do different pickups, and how the sound changes with the volume control too, it's great.

Yours work with wah though?
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by slatsmania
That's the one I'm talking about: $169 Fuzz Factory.

Damn, I'm GASsing bad for a fuzz pedal, but the fuzz factory might just have too many knobs for me. I prefer simplicity (my amp is good proof of this).
^Fuzz Face!
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Niiiice. I can get amazing Hendrix sounds from it too, and it really reacts differently do different pickups, and how the sound changes with the volume control too, it's great.

Yours work with wah though?

It kind of does what it wants with a wah. It snarls and spits but that's what any fuzz will do. I think also the battery might be dying on my wah as I've had it in there for a loooong time.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by mr_hankey
Fuzz face.....Dunlop?

Eww....I'd avoid the Dunlop Face's. Get a Mayer Fuzz. Either Classic, Axis, Spitfire, etc.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by mr_hankey
Damn, I'm GASsing bad for a fuzz pedal, but the fuzz factory might just have too many knobs for me. I prefer simplicity (my amp is good proof of this).

You have a sweetheart setup. Those little Champs are going for a bundle nowadays.

Me? I like lots of knobs. I like playing with different sounds. I gotta start doing some recording soon. I just picked up a pair of Shure mics at a pawn shop, so I'm getting closer.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
And RHCP, I'm going to post a video of the Axis soon. I think I'll do some Voodoo Child and Foxey Lady.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by JJK
Eww....I'd avoid the Dunlop Face's. Get a Mayer Fuzz. Either Classic, Axis, Spitfire, etc.

Yes, that's what I thought, that's why I was confused.

I'm going to some shop this weekend who have about twenty fuzz pedals..and I'll try them all out.

How's that Deja vibe by the way? Did you compare it to other similar pedals?
Last edited by mr_hankey at Feb 11, 2007,
Quote by mr_hankey

How's that Deja vibe by the way? Did you compare it to other similar pedals?

*cough*
Quote by mr_hankey
*cough*

Sorry. I like the DejaVibe and the only pedal I've compared it to is the MicroLabs Voodoo Vibe. The Voodoo Vibe is really...swirly. It has much more effect than then Deja. The DejaVibe is a very cool pedal and I'm glad I bought it.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by JJK
Sorry. I like the DejaVibe and the only pedal I've compared it to is the MicroLabs Voodoo Vibe. The Voodoo Vibe is really...swirly. It has much more effect than then Deja. The DejaVibe is a very cool pedal and I'm glad I bought it.

Swirly...

You haven't tried any of the Dunlop univibe-type pedals (I think they have three different ones)?
The SunLion is a fuzz and boost in one case. I have an AnalogMan SunFace with NOS Newmarket NKT-275 transisters. It is a phenominal pedal, cleans up nice with your guitars volume.

The SunLion also has a Beano Boost along with a SunFace. I have not tried a Beano Boost but I have purchased 11 pedals from Mike and I have not been disappointed in any of them.
I use a Keeley Java Boost, there was a waiting list for the AnalogMan Beano Boost at the time.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
If you like it and have the money go ahead, buy it. Mike makes great pedals.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
the sunlion looks amazing. the combo fuzz and booster makes it a very unique pedal. the fuzz side sounds great and the booster side can be fun to tinker with. ive listened to both the sunlion and fuzz factory pedals and i prefer the sound of the sunlion fuzz.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by The Master Plan
If you like it and have the money go ahead, buy it. Mike makes great pedals.

In the end, I just couldn't justify it right now.

I won the right to buy a Fuzz Factory shipped for <$160 on eBay. The demo video really caught my attention. I'm looking forward to playing with that thing. The Analog.man pedal will have to wait until after I plunge for the Tiny terror, I'm thinking. It's not like I was getting a deal or anything.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by JJK
And RHCP, I'm going to post a video of the Axis soon. I think I'll do some Voodoo Child and Foxey Lady.

Niiiiiice! I get a pretty much perfect sound for both them songs. And I love playing the intro bit of foxy lady (the turning up the volume bit until you get massive amounts of gain)

And Mr_Hankey, get a Roger Mayer fuzz of some sort.
Don't be afraid to care"