I'm in deep sh*t. I have gig in an hour but there's a problem. Problem is I'm gonna have to play bass and have no clue of what to do or how it feels. Luckily the song we're playing isn't too hard yet I'm still panicked. (BTW we're playing God Put A Smile Upon Your Face by Coldplay) Any tips or help? Please.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Your goin for a gig and you dont know how to play the instrument your gonna use... o..k..
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
Its easy.

Bass isn't exactly difficult.

In fact, if bass was a person, his name would be Nigel and he would be the guy at the motorway service stations who uses those big scissor sweeper things to clean the floor, who walks with a limp and stares a little too long at the guys at the urinals...
Terms and Conditions apply.
[quote="'†[Posessed"]†']Your goin for a gig and you dont know how to play the instrument your gonna use... o..k..

+10000
Funny words.
Quote by cagnius
Its easy.

In fact, if bass was a person, his name would be Nigel and he would be the guy at the motorway service stations who uses those big scissor sweeper things to clean the floor, who walks with a limp and stares a little too long at the guys at the urinals...

To possesed dude, I play guitar normally but I'm filling in for this band whose bassist just broke something. So I'm actually being nice with these guys who Im friends with. Im not stupid enough to take a gig for an instrument other than mine but Im filling in for tonight.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Play the root notes to the guitar's chords...easiest way to play bass...press harder, and maybe use a pick since i'm assuming ur normally used to playing guitar. Look down at the frets too, they're farther apart on the bass than on guitar.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
im gonna guess you should practice the song?
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
'tis what I'm gonna go do now
PM for details.

Well, there don't seem to be any crazy slapping/popping parts so my best advice would be to practice it on the guitar(or the bass if you have it) and hope for the best. The song doesn't look too difficult.
Quote by cagnius
Its easy.

I'd like to hear your take on what a guitar would be like if it was a person.

Bass is somewhat easy to get used to just to do some basic things. The strings roll off of your fingers easier. Practice whatever you have to practice with your guitar and then hope you are able to play it on bass at the gig.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
If guitar was a person, he'd be a complete stoner who likes rock music, always turns up late and plays football in the evenings then parties all night long on the beach.
Quote by LittleMan_LittlePenis
I'd like to hear your take on what a guitar would be like if it was a person.

Hmm, lemme see. Guitar would most likely be either:

- The one guy who doesn't move at a party, usually called Rory or Troy, who spends the entire time on the couch talking to anyone who'll listen (and let's face it, he's hard to ignore) about how great he is in bed and how his penis is a good 4-5 feet when flacid. Said person then gets so ripped that they don't actually end up taking anyone home or scoring, they just end up playing with themselves

- The guy called Noel, who goes to art school and who uses airy-fairy language to express his 'art' in the most complex and long-winded way possible. Noel smokes a lot of dope and is generally crap at everything. He's also generally very opinionated and very very wrong.

- The guy at school, usually something like Tod, Rod or nicknamed something like 'T-bag' (or some equivalent) who is amazing at everything, who all the girls (and some guys fancy) and is just generally that fucking pain in the ass who is a world-beater at everything. Has a large cock, too.
Terms and Conditions apply.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Playing Bass Guitar (Paperback)
see if they do super fast delivery...

Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
+10000

was that a compliment ?o_O
O_O
wether or not thats actually a compliment i am taking it as one...

Woohoo...1st complement!!!
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
Last edited by †[Posessed]† at Feb 11, 2007,
Stop, drop and roll...Wait, wrong problem.

If you can play the first four strings on a guitar, you can play a bass.