Page 1 of 2
one of my favorite bands. hands down.

their new cd is amazing too.

have you ever listened to Olivia Tremor Control?
They're probably the only E6 band I haven't checked out yet. I'll get around to it one day.
Fender F-25 / Yamaha Pacifica 112 / Cort MR-710F 12-string
Last.fm
Fun Trick Noisemaker is amazing. As you can see from my avatar I'm an Elephant 6 Collective enthusiast.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
I like it alot. What CD(s) would anyone recommend?
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Is the song from the Colbert Report on any of their albums?!

That's my only experience with them.

I'll give 'em a listen.
^ You can download it off their MySpace.

They're okay; I've never gotten into them much. They've got the "catchy pop song" format down pat, though.
Does anyone know were I could find that Conan performance? I've tried Google, but everything I find is a link to Youtube, which has already been tooken down.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
I asked ChaCha.com. After about 10 minutes she said it was pulled of everything .
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
The singer thinks he's John Lennon. I like that. I checked these guys out after reading a review in EW, which is actually a good source for finding music. They gave their new record an A. There's proof.
Quote by trev_smith12
Fun Trick Noisemaker is amazing. As you can see from my avatar I'm an Elephant 6 Collective enthusiast.

we should start an E6 enthusiast club
[/revived]

The Apples are my third most favorite band in the entire worlddddd.

As for my favorite record, Fun Trick Noisemaker has to be it. And their new one, New Magnetic Wonder, comes in second.

I just got it, like, three days ago. I don't know why I waited so long.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
new magnetic wonder is pwnsome. Energy is quite likely one of the catchiest songs evar.
Quote by thingemon
new magnetic wonder is pwnsome. Energy is quite likely one of the catchiest songs evar.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

It's one of those songs that you can play on repeat a hundred times and still not be tired of.

I think it would be deck on, like, a commercial about conserving electricity or something. Y'know?
Just heard of these guys recently. They are awesome. I only got New Magnetic Wonder but it's great. Excellent catchy songs.
They've been around since the early nineties and you've just now heard of them?

Wutz wrong witchoo, boi?

Nah, kidding. I guess I don't have much room to talk either, since I didn't get heavily into them until about a year or so ago. I mean, I listened to them sometimes but I didn't call myself a devoted fan.

Until I saw them live. They opened for the Strokes. It was one of the best nights of my life.

I now own six of their albums and they rank number three on my list of favorite bands, behind only the Strokes and Snow Patrol.
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Jun 4, 2007,
Quote by Bmm386
I checked out their myspace and wasn't as impressed.

You can't judge a band like OTC (or any band) from a couple songs on a myspace page.

Download Black Foliage, or buy it if you can find it, and prepare to be blown away.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
just ordered a couple of their albums.

new magnetic wonder is the only one i had. it is good, but it sort of drags in spots.
of all the elephant 6 bands, my fav would be Neutral Milk Hotel, but Apples in Stereo just seem to irritate me.

i dunno, i bought their album and wasn't really impressed cus I heard the similarities between NMH but i guess I'll listen to it again.

I guess I prefer Jeff Mangum's focus on deep, meaningful songwriting.
Last edited by walidb123 at Oct 30, 2007,
Quote by uhh_me?
just ordered a couple of their albums.

new magnetic wonder is the only one i had. it is good, but it sort of drags in spots.

Which ones didja get?

New Magnetic Wonder does sort of drag, mainly in the little less-than-thirty-second tracks that are basically just sound effects and vocoder stuff. But the actual songs are pretty effin' catchy. In true Apples style, of course.
Quote by K-Lizzle
Which ones didja get?

New Magnetic Wonder does sort of drag, mainly in the little less-than-thirty-second tracks that are basically just sound effects and vocoder stuff. But the actual songs are pretty effin' catchy. In true Apples style, of course.

discovery of a world inside the moone
fun trick noisemaker
tone soul evolution

i figured i could spoil myself a little being that i had birthday money coming in.
How can you not dig it? It's catchy, fun retro-inspired pop music. It's not anything deep or groundbreaking, but it sho' nuff sticks in ya head.

EDIT: Those are my three favorites! I'm not even kidding. I've got seven of their albums, and those are my topz.
I guess I can see why it might not be for some people, because Robert's voice is kind of a love-or-hate thing.

I, personally, love it.
Lovee Apples in Stereo

Saw them a few months ago and they weren't too great live.

But still, lovee Apples in Stereo
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
They were really good when I saw them.
so i noticed that this album by Ulysses had been on my amazon recommendation list for a while and i figured i would see what it is. turns out that it is a sideproject of Robert Schneider.

anyone have it? is it worth picking up?
I actually don't have it, but I've contemplated ordering it several times. In fact, I think it's still in my "Saved For Later" section of my cart on Amazon.

"Burning You" used to get a ton of airplay on Left Of Center a couple years ago, but I haven't heard it in ages.
Anybody who doesn't dance/clap/snap/nod heads to their music has no nervous system.

They rule.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
Anybody who doesn't dance/clap/snap/nod heads to their music has no nervous system.

They rule.

You speak da troof.
The Apples In Stereo used to call themselves "The Apples," but they added "in stereo" to be somewhat ironic and also because there was apparently another band named the Apples.

Maybe that was them.
Quote by K-Lizzle
The Apples In Stereo used to call themselves "The Apples," but they added "in stereo" to be somewhat ironic and also because there was apparently another band named the Apples.

Maybe that was them.

I googled "the apples" and found a myspace page of the band in that video, so it's not them. But I do enjoy The Apples after listening to some songs on their myspace.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=d3cayi_2Dvo

This made the Power Puff Girls awesome.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Page 1 of 2