What I'm wondering is: does anyone know of hard evidence that Elliott Smith killed himself or didn't? The story is that he killed himself but it's pretty sketchy.
Discuss.

edit: I took kurt cobain out because it would just make this thread go to shit.
Quote by TheGuitarDreams
Ghandhi was the greatest shredder ever.

Quote by Siftings
Ian Mackaye confuses a shot of heroin with his insulin, and hilarity ensues.
Last edited by asbestospie at Feb 11, 2007,
Wasn't the Elliott Smith one something like this(?):

He and his girlfriend got in a big fight, and she locked herself into the bathroom and when she came out he had stabbed himself.

They just marked it off as suicide and never really looked into it too much.

At least that is what I heard.
I think Kurt Kobain killed himself. I went through a phase of thinking it was murder, but then I turned 13.
I'm just going to let you know that these threads never turn out good, everyone starts bashing Nirvana/eachother. Visit justiceforkurt.com it's a very interesting site on the matter.
Oh shizz. Elliott Smith is dead??? I just recently got into some of his music, I had no idea the guy was dead. Shoot.
Quote by xchiefx
sometimes, i put socks over my hands and talk to them

Quote by Blues Breaker
Australia FTW
How did you zing me in any way? That's just pathetic. Now who is he?
Quote by DanteR*
I'm just going to let you know that these threads never turn out good, everyone starts bashing Nirvana/eachother. Visit justiceforkurt.com it's a very interesting site on the matter.

MY LORD. That guy is only tryong to make money off cobains name.
I went to a show where the author of one of the books (can't actually remember the name of it or him) spoke about it. He was the only one allowed to see Kurt after his suicide. And yes, I (and he) did say SUICIDE.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Kurt killed himself. But I wholly believe that had he not, Courtney would have made it happen. She is a crazy ****ing *****.

Also, this thread has been done hundreds of times, and even in threads NOT about this and Kurt is brought up in ANY way it leads to a huge flame war "he sucks!" "nuh-uh you suck!" blah blah. I'm ****ing tired of it. I have never seen one decent discussion about this topic or any topic regarding Kurt Cobain that isn't riddled with whiny people bitching about how their opinion of him is right.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
i would say it's suspicious, but not a concrete case for murder. The most compelling evidence is the alleged suicide note that begins in Kurts writing and ends in someone else's, and that, as far as i understand the timeline, Kurt managed to shoot himself up with two or three needles of heroin, each one of which apparently contained enough dope to render a serious addict comatose in seconds, then once he had shot all the needles, he packed up his drug gear, put it on the other side of the room, rolled his sleeves back down and buttoned them, and THEN took the shotgun, propped himself up, etc etc etc...

seems like he just had too much smack in his system to do all that... but then, even that justiceforkurt.com guy hasn't seen the murder site, so it's all specualtion.
Quote by LilVikingboy
Kurt killed himself. But I wholly believe that had he not, Courtney would have made it happen. She is a crazy ****ing *****.

Also, this thread has been done hundreds of times, and even in threads NOT about this and Kurt is brought up in ANY way it leads to a huge flame war "he sucks!" "nuh-uh you suck!" blah blah. I'm ****ing tired of it. I have never seen one decent discussion about this topic or any topic regarding Kurt Cobain that isn't riddled with whiny people bitching about how their opinion of him is right.
agreed. I edited it so now this thread is just Elliott Smith.
Quote by TheGuitarDreams
Ghandhi was the greatest shredder ever.

Quote by Siftings
Ian Mackaye confuses a shot of heroin with his insulin, and hilarity ensues.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I wasn't zinging you. I was just zinging in general.

Yeah you better!*flexes internet muscles*
i think the evidence for potential murder is present, however i think considering the circumstances of his life at the time have to point to suicide. his condition may have improved however i imagine he was still in a very emotionally unstabel state, and having a serious fight with his girlfriend(?), one of the people that he most likely relied on for emotional support, could have put him in a suicidal state. i think the idea that he was killed is blown up in the same way the courtney love supposedly killed kurt cobain, although i admit there's no way to really be certain.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Elliott Smith is...

...better than Nirvana.

Zing!

*awkward Cough*
Well, one main reason that Elliott Smith's suicide is so sketchy is because everyone thought he was better when it happened. He had kicked his heroin habit and he had really, according to everyone around him, become a much happier person. Another reason is that his girlfriend was the only one around, so there wasn't multiple witnesses (well people around at the time) to support how he died. And one of the most mysterious part of the case really is that fact that he was still wearing his shirt when he was stabbed (stabbed himself) I think like upwards of 90% of confirmed suicides always take off their shirt if they stab themself in the chest. So investigators found that very strange.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
Quote by NevermorePsalm
Well, one main reason that Elliott Smith's suicide is so sketchy is because everyone thought he was better when it happened. He had kicked his heroin habit and he had really, according to everyone around him, become a much happier person. Another reason is that his girlfriend was the only one around, so there wasn't multiple witnesses (well people around at the time) to support how he died. And one of the most mysterious part of the case really is that fact that he was still wearing his shirt when he was stabbed (stabbed himself) I think like upwards of 90% of confirmed suicides always take off their shirt if they stab themself in the chest. So investigators found that very strange.

in the wikipedia link when talking about his death there's a quote from somebody close to him saying he wouldn't be caught dead with his shirt off, so that might explain that. he did kick his drug habit, but that does not mean he was stable. still i admit it seems kind of weird. why would you stab yourself? i mean thats gotta be a very painful way to go.
Yeah, I recall that quote, but it's still extremely weird. Recall that most suicide victims aren't all that stable and probably wouldn't be caught dead with their shirt off either.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
I personally have heard that many suicidal people show signs of improvement before they commit suicide, because they see a way out