Poll: How long do you practise for?
Poll Options
View poll results: How long do you practise for?
Under 1 hour!
10 10%
1-2 hours
50 49%
2-3 hours
26 25%
4= hours
16 16%
Voters: 103.
I usually do my practice/playing for like 2-3 hours. Really depends on the day and how I feel. If it's a good day, most likely the break time, I play more than 4 hours--more like 4-6.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
right now, less than 1 hour until my basketball season is over... then probably 1-2 a day
Yes... practicing is good. I do it often... for 2-3 hours
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
4=
I practice all the time (not noodling around) and its always over 4 hours.

Yes , i dont have a life.
^....so? Guitar IS your life!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Up until last September, I'd practice from 1 to four hours on a school week day and longer on days I don't have school. But, as of now, I only spend maybe an hour a day actually playing guitar, if that. Now I spend a lot more time writing and planning out songs, and also playing piano.
Quote by bass wizard
I'm releaved to see that no one has posted under 1 hour! That would be shocking!

Under 1 hour!

Although, when I was younger it was many hours, you try 4hr+ with two kids in the house!
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Not all that much, I usually don't relaly tend to just sit there playing though, maybe about 30 mins each time I pick it up, I put my guitar down and go back to it throughout the day.
as long as I can
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
back in the days of high school when i had nothing better to do.. i was practicing up to 5 or 6 hours a day.. (basically get home off the bus, then play til i had to go to sleep) nowadays with work, time with the wife, and just general life stuff to do, i'm lucky to get 5 hours of playing over an entire weekend.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Jinskee
^....so? Guitar IS your life!

Yeah , lol .

I meant i dont have a social life etc.
Friends,going out etc.
That stuff is just very boring for me.
^You and I the same, friend :P.

I hate to go out.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Whats the point of going out and getting completely wasted when you can learn tonnes of AC/DC songs lol
Unfortunately i only practice under an hour but im coming to the end of my GCSE's now so i gotta concentrate more on that
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
I spend a good 6 or so hours on the guitar a day, but 4-5 of it is noodling. Then again I started pretty recently (7 months) and I just love having the guitar there to mess around with. I do spend at least an hour a day doing real practice (metronome, going through scales, learning songs, chords, etc) a day.

Even if I'm writing an essay or studying I always have the guitar with me.
I hate noodling, if I start noodling I just keep on going for hours and it just wastes practise time!
i spend at least an hour every day. 5++ hours usually the day before a show or a gig... 3 hours if it's a show with the orchestra/jazz ensemble
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Quote by im_hungry
3 but i havent practiced in a bout 5 days. I lost the will to

May I ask why?
On average 1-2 hours, every day. On days when I'm not working or not going to the gym I might have more than one practice session.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
i am with the good DR with kids work and the wife im lucky if i get a half hour a day to practice enjoy being young and childless my friends your extra time goes away fast but the time away from your axe is well spent with your kids and when they get old enough you can teach them and then you have practice time again yayyyyy
Quote by cowboysneverdie
i am with the good DR with kids work and the wife im lucky if i get a half hour a day to practice enjoy being young and childless my friends your extra time goes away fast but the time away from your axe is well spent with your kids and when they get old enough you can teach them and then you have practice time again yayyyyy

So true.
Can't wait till my youngest can play a proper guitar.
She already likes looking through magazines, and she's only 2.
Although she shows a worrying fondness for "spiky" guitars.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
2-3 but most of it is just practising improv. over songs, I just go through y Hendrix stuff .
Little Wing ftw!

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
I've spent about 13 years noodling LOL.

Quick fun fact:

Slash spent an average of 12 hours a day practicing in the days just prior to joining Guns 'n' Roses.

Man, that's a lot of cocaine LMAO.
Last edited by LesPaulPwns at Feb 15, 2007,
You could always be like Zakk Wylde and practice from 2 in the afternoon to 6 in the morning.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
hmm...i dont really practice...i just play what's in my head....but its for anything from 1-8 hours a day really...depends on many factors.
I usually have my guitar in my hands at all times
when i'm watching tv and stuff, i always jam along with jingles and themes or whatever

it's a mystery my girlfriend hasn't left me
Usually an hour a day. This past month has been a bugger because of exams, the new semester, and now Im booked solid with the musical im playing in. So I havent had much time to play.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help