I was wondering how hard would it be to put EMG pickups (passive) into a guitar. I play a B.C Rich Warlock with the floyd rose on it.

please help.
It would be no harder than putting any other kind of pickups in your guitar, but if you're not sure on what you're doing, take it to a professional.
Funny words.
easy as. as long as the hole routed is the right size and you have the required tools its a 20 minute job (strings off, unsolder, unscrew, feed wires, rescrew, resolder, strings on). you'll want to block off the floyd rose when you're doing it, so you don't have to fart arse around with trying to loosen the screws with it sinking on you
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Last edited by IndieMetalhead at Feb 11, 2007,
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
It would be no harder than putting any other kind of pickups in your guitar, but if you're not sure on what you're doing, take it to a professional.

yeah, but i never really put any other types of pickups on my guitar, so i guess then i'll have to take it to my local guitar shop and get it fixed???
Quote by IXI Streak IXI
Passives suck. Get actives.

Idd, I don't like the passives.. I got actives in my Ibanez.. I just love them
Gear:

Richwood LP Custom Black (with Gibson P490R & T Pu's)
Ibanez GRX 40 (with EMG's)

Hughes&Kettner Tour Reverb Head
London city 2x 12" cabinet
just recently installed acitve emgs into my warlock. If you're comfortable with soldering then it shouldn't be too hard (except i had to do a bit of bodge wiring with mine. the wires between the volume and tone controls were too short >.<. If you're not good at soldering then take it to a professional perhaps (unlike me who spent over 10 hours attempting to solve a loose wire problem. Man those solder fumes are dizzying).
ive got a jackson dkmg with two emg hz humbuckers installed, i was just wondering how difficult it is to replace them with two emg 81's (in terms of installation difficulty...)
You'd be better off having a shop put them on if you're new to the whole thing. Watch them, and learn from what they do.

I think the EMG warranty is void also if you put them on yourself.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
You'd be better off having a shop put them on if you're new to the whole thing. Watch them, and learn from what they do.

I think the EMG warranty is void also if you put them on yourself.

I have never heard that, but I'm not saying it isn't possible. Anyway, installation is easy if you know how to solder. For even less work, Get the KH-21, take it off the pickguard, and remove the second volume (or tone if you prefer) from the circuit and then solder it all up to the jack.
I've just put 81 85's in place of hz's on my Schecter and like there saying soldering is the tricky part , dont get the volume pot to hot, and the instructions that came with them were spot on in my case , several wiring diagrams to mach up with.
Last edited by tymatt67 at Sep 30, 2007,