Which of those guitar is better for the price?

-Schecter Damien FR
http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp
-Dean ML 79 FR
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-ML79-wFloyd-Electric-Guitar?sku=512933
-Dean ML Noir XT
http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp?ProductCode=4200&Category=Electric_Guitars

any other suggestion under 700$ with a Floyd Rose (original or good quality copy) ? EXEPT Ibanez guitars, I don't like them.

I mostly play Iron Maiden stuff, some Pantera, Megadeth and Metallica.
(but I like playing Iron Maiden songs heavier)
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
Last edited by alex3996 at Feb 11, 2007,
Man, I wanna give you a hug, it's been too long since I heard Megadeth and Maiden in the same sentence and had it not come from my bassist... anyway, I was looking at the Damien a while ago... looks like a really nice guitar, I've played the fixed bridge version, great thin neck, plays very fast... haven't played the others... So from experience, I say Damien.

Originally Posted by danzig-_-
just don't jack off too much or it'll be curved.

Originally Posted by Fishy27
lol, is there a way to un curve it?

Originally Posted by danzig-_-
I don't know....I guess use the other hand.
dont get the damien fr just get the regular

trust me the fr on it gets ****ed up way too much especially if you play live ad shit
theres someone selling a schecter c1 with a floyd rose on it, 3 way switching with a push pull coil tap and passive hb's. find him!!! its on ebay somewhere. The damien has a shitty sound to it because of the duncan designed active hb's. btw, that guitar is selling for 550. I hope schecter starts putting the FR back in the c1's...I miss it.
I'm hungry.
Quote by mrperson
dean all the way man. dime played dean

I know about dime, I like his music, but I don't want the guitar only for the artists that used it, I want it for the playability and the sound.
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Boss PW-10 pedal
oh, and don't get dean, they are great custom shop, but their production guitars suck large teste
I'm hungry.
Quote by ConfusedBirdman
theres someone selling a schecter c1 with a floyd rose on it, 3 way switching with a push pull coil tap and passive hb's. find him!!! its on ebay somewhere. The damien has a shitty sound to it because of the duncan designed active hb's. btw, that guitar is selling for 550. I hope schecter starts putting the FR back in the c1's...I miss it.

There EMG pups on it, not SD.
But I didn't know about the trem..
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Boss PW-10 pedal
yeah, but they are the shitty emg's, I wouldn't get active pickups unless they are 81/60. My bad about them not being emg's I was looking at the c1 fr
I'm hungry.
yeah, dean productions do suck.
heres some options

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=517588

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-?sku=518491

you said no ibanez, but im guessing your basis is on an rg because these arent at stores as much, and i havnt found anything that plays as nice, and best locking trem period on this.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-2005-S470DXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519985
Quote by metalhead296
yeah, dean productions do suck.
heres some options

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=517588

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-?sku=518491

you said no ibanez, but im guessing your basis is on an rg because these arent at stores as much, and i havnt found anything that plays as nice, and best locking trem period on this.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-2005-S470DXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519985

What's on the C1 that makes it better than the Damien?
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Boss PW-10 pedal
Quote by alex3996
There EMG pups on it, not SD.
But I didn't know about the trem..

I don't know why you don't want an Ibanez S470. Damn, its only $5 more than the Schecter Damien FR, and it is overall better quality, has an AWESOME tremolo that won't crap out on you, a thin mahogany body, and an unfinished wizard 2 neck so you can play faster and also the neck won't get sticky.

And about Dean: Overpriced shit because Dimebag used them. Damn they sell guitars with LFRs for $1000 American, while Ibanez and ESP are selling guitars with original floyds or Edge pros starting at $750 American.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
don't get the s470 either, brother has one, tremolo throws everything outta wack after a dive for 2. But do look at those esp. And I believe the damien is made out of basswood. It isn't a bad wood by any means but its a wood meant for middle tones, not the best for the style of music you play, c1s are made out of mahogany with a maple top, which sounds beautiful. Also, the damien has a bolt on neck, most the c1's are set neck's which gives a lot more sustain. The hellraiser c1 (expensive) has neck thru, emg 81/85, licensed FR. I think if you saved another 200 you should get that...its an awesome guitar, nice neck and everything. I own a c1 classic and I've played the c1 hellraiser FR. They both own.
I'm hungry.
Quote by ConfusedBirdman
don't get the s470 either, brother has one, tremolo throws everything outta wack after a dive for 2. But do look at those esp. And I believe the damien is made out of basswood. It isn't a bad wood by any means but its a wood meant for middle tones, not the best for the style of music you play, c1s are made out of mahogany with a maple top, which sounds beautiful. Also, the damien has a bolt on neck, most the c1's are set neck's which gives a lot more sustain. The hellraiser c1 (expensive) has neck thru, emg 81/85, licensed FR. I think if you saved another 200 you should get that...its an awesome guitar, nice neck and everything. I own a c1 classic and I've played the c1 hellraiser FR. They both own.

I like Maple non-painted neck, but their are more often bolt-on.

The max I can put on a guitar is 1000$ (CAN$), but there are shipping fees because I'm not in the US, so I can't really go over 700$ because of that (damn credit card's limit).
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Boss PW-10 pedal
Maybe a Ibanez S470, it looks close to the schecter's guitars, is it really good?

I search over the internet for a price on this guitar.. I couldn't find it anywhere..
Someone have a site where this guitar is available?
I'm interested in this one, and everyone told me to get an ibanez, this one is cool, so I may get it.
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Boss PW-10 pedal
So, you guys think that the Ibanez S470 is the best guitar for the money?
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Boss PW-10 pedal
Quote by alex3996

The first one has a plain mahogany body. The second one has a flamed maple top.
I the maple top will very sightly brighten up your tone, and it just looks prettier.
-Jimi Hendrix
^ ok thank you
I will go with the S470, In black, it rocks dude :p
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Boss PW-10 pedal
Shecter Hellraiser FR, it seems like its got everthing you want and is around $750 usd
It has EMG 81/85, and has an original floyd rose on it, and a great finish
Last edited by rockr09 at Feb 12, 2007,
Quote by rockr09
Shecter Hellraiser FR, it seems like its got everthing you want and is around $750 usd
It has EMG 81/85, and has an original floyd rose on it, and a great finish

It's over his budget though. It costs around $1000 Canadian over here.
-Jimi Hendrix
^ you got it
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Boss PW-10 pedal
3 words

jackson jackson, o and jackson

sorry that was 5

Gear:
Ltd Viper-1000 Deluxe
Shittone i mean silvertone revolver
Cube 60

Originally Posted by sendmeapick
you pick squires over gibsons?

thats like michael jackson over jessica alba
Quote by rockr09
well dang.... it is a nice guitar tho isnt it?

Which one are you talking about? the Hellraiser or the S470?
both are great, I like the Hellraiser a bit more, but it's out of my range..
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Boss PW-10 pedal
I don't like the headstock on Jacksons, and they feel to much like a Fender (there are afiliated with Fender btw) I already have a strat, don't want another one.
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Boss PW-10 pedal
Youll like the Ibanez great neck great access nice tone and great trem. Pickups are easy swaps Ibanez gives players the quality hard to change yourself parts like the neck and trem to us from the factory. The Schecter Damien FR is a beginner/intermediate guitar at best with cheap trem and bad thin tone, and C1 FR is a better intermediate guitar but the trem is cheap and how you gonna fix the fat neck?
Quote by mrperson
dean all the way man. dime played dean

dime played washburn most of his career.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
He still played with Dean guitars though.

I vote the Ibanez S470, but the Hellraiser is a good choice too. I think the old ones come with OFR's though unlike the new ones...

If you get the Ibanez, trade out pickups as the IFN are not so amazing. Then pro guitar for you!
The pickups will have to wait until this summer.. I will broke for a while after spending 700$ for the guitar..
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Boss PW-10 pedal