Just wondering, is it okay if I play Stairway to Heaven without using the chords and just playing each note? Because on YouTube I see everyone using the chords? Would it be better if I use the chords, cuz I kinda play faster not using them.
Chords?
You mean the finger picking?
It's probably best for you to have a go at the proper finger picking for it. It'll improve your technique and speed in the long run.
Quote by beckyjc
Chords?
You mean the finger picking?
It's probably best for you to have a go at the proper finger picking for it. It'll improve your technique and speed in the long run.

Nah, I don't mean the finger picking. I mean playing the actual chord versus the doing it the other way and going note for note like the tab.
Just wondering, is it okay if I play Stairway to Heaven without using the chords and just playing each note? Because on YouTube I see everyone using the chords? Would it be better if I use the chords, cuz I kinda play faster not using them.

why does it sounds you cant read tablature?
i think you are confused with something or you cant put you point across.

use chords. i never learnt stairway, but i thought that it was played with the notes ringing, and if you do it all single notes itll sound somewhat bland and missing the sound of page.
if im wrong anybody else feel free to correct me.
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Quote by nostress

why does it sounds you cant read tablature?
i think you are confused with something or you cant put you point across.

No, I just can't find the right words to get my point across. But nonetheless everyone else seems to understand what I am trying to say, except you maybe. Anyways, thanks for the help guys. Yes, the notes need to ring. So guess I will have to play it by the chords.
I think I know what you mean.....

Well, I dont really think it matters too much. the chords sound better and more professional IMO, but the other sounds fine to me.

If that wasnt what you were talking about then I dont know.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
I think I know what you mean.....

Well, I dont really think it matters too much. the chords sound better and more professional IMO, but the other sounds fine to me.

If that wasnt what you were talking about then I dont know.

when i play that part i mute the string and play them like i would as if was playing all three strings, sounds the same, but yeah, it kind of loses it's sound and i guess vibe, of the song if you don't let the notes ring outi pick it with a pick, but use one of my fingers to pick the notes where you have to finger pick them, i know that sounds confusing but look at the tab for it and you'll know what i mean