i think i knew the difference a while ago, but now i'm lost again.

i believe a stereo setting on an amp is better, what what's the real difference between that and mono?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Unless you have 2 cabs set at either end of a room/stage or you're using a PA then you're not going to get a stereo sound, so I don't know what the hell you're on about with regard to stereo settings on amps.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Well, mono means 'one'. One sound from one direction. In stereo, think left and right. You get the left speaker and right speaker projecting sounds at you.

For an example of stereo, a lot of guitar tracks on Van Halen albums are almost totally panned left (if i remember correctly), so you can hear the guitar mostly coming through the left speaker, and a little bit from the right speaker. EVH didn't like this idea based on the thought that "what if your left speaker was broken? No guitar!".
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Quote by pity tha' foo'
Well, mono means 'one'. One sound from one direction. In stereo, think left and right. You get the left speaker and right speaker projecting sounds at you.

For an example of stereo, a lot of guitar tracks on Van Halen albums are almost totally panned left (if i remember correctly), so you can hear the guitar mostly coming through the left speaker, and a little bit from the right speaker. EVH didn't like this idea based on the thought that "what if your left speaker was broken? No guitar!".

so, there's no real stereo/mono issue in a 4x12 cab then? only for pa's and recording i suppose.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

some heads are stereo (mostly when they have onboard FX) where dry and wet comes out of different speakers (like in a 2x12)
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^ so for instance, what would be on the left as opposed to the right speaker (in a cab)?
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
so, there's no real stereo/mono issue in a 4x12 cab then? only for pa's and recording i suppose.

Nope as far as i'm aware it's mono output into mono cab input when you have one cab. That's how my 5150 works.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Quote by UnsignedRecords
^ so for instance, what would be on the left as opposed to the right speaker (in a cab)?

that depends on the head. plus, stereo isn't even that effective unless you have some serious distance between the 2 speakers so people notice.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
alright cool. i feel better now that i got confused for no reason haahha.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.