You wouldn't pay £800+ for an epiphone.

Simple as. So why should we have to pay that much for a LTD?

And as far as I'm aware, LTD to ESP is to all intents and purposes Epiphone to Gibson.

So is there some sort of major quality in the LTD's to warrant such a high price to the lower end line of ESP? And how do they compare to other guitars in the price range? (£600 - £800)
Funny words.
high end ltds are probably better than low end esps, but i may be wrong. a 900 quid jackson would probably be better still, again i may be wrong. someone with both will come along and answer you perfectly.
Whoever is charging you £800 for a LTD is ripping you off, big time.

If I've got my symbols right, that's about 1600 USD. LTD's should be £500 MAX across the pond.

And to answer your question, yes they're worth it. Well, the 400 series and above.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
Quote by Dom5412
Whoever is charging you £800 for a LTD is ripping you off, big time.

If I've got my symbols right, that's about 1600 USD. LTD's should be £500 MAX across the pond.

And to answer your question, yes they're worth it. Well, the 400 series and above.

nah man, the prices dont translate directly. LTD deluxe series is up to about £800.

and LTD are a a helluvah lot better than Epiphone.
800 euro? As dom said, that's 1,600 USD!!! YOU CAN BUY A FENDER STRAT MIA AND SOME MORE!

But honestly, Esp/Ltd's (ec-1000's) Whcih is what I have plays better than most everything I have ever touched...gibsons (except one...which was set up perfectly), epiphones, jacksons, etc. It's all preference though.

I bought mine for 900 USD but that should only be liek 400-500 euros.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
The ESP-LTD relationship isn't EXACTLY like the Gibson-Epiphone relationship. The LTD line of guitars 400 and up are very nice. EC-1000 LTD's are amazing. They feel so well built. They aren't like Epiphones and Squires.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Quote by AtrumArx
The ESP-LTD relationship isn't EXACTLY like the Gibson-Epiphone relationship. The LTD line of guitars 400 and up are very nice. EC-1000 LTD's are amazing. They feel so well built. They aren't like Epiphones and Squires.

+1

It's just a relation to explain that gibson owns epiphone, fender owns squier, esp owns ltd, etc etc.

Doesn't have anything to do with quality .

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Actually, ESP to LTD is nothing like say Gibson to Epiphone because it is a line that ESP had created to bring their high quality instruments to a more affordable priced, mainly, because they were mass-produced. An LTD is still an ESP, just made somewhere else.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
^Oh really? Huh, didn't know that. ESP's are made in japan and LTD's are made in Korea.

ESP's are generally made with better material and all, but LTD's are still very nice...so are ESP's. Love their feel!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Just out of curiousity, are all LTD's MIK? Even the Deluxe series?
Yeah, they are. But surprsingly, they're really well made.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R