!
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by GiantRaven
My friend was telling me about someone who did that but then explained why they used it

...and got a B

UG2 spk like us
My god, ****ing moron children.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
"Teachers should credit their students with inventing a new language ideal for communicating in a high-tech world, said Warlick"

W00T!!!!!
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
lol once i wrote in 1337 just to see what my teach would say... i got a zero
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville

I've thought about doing that
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
i didnt think it was that funny, to tell you the truth i thought it waspretty gay and ive never used "IM speak" in a paper
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by Dirge Humani
If any of my friends ever did anything like that, I'd punch them. I make the effort to type correctly, even when IMing or texting. I think all those abbreviations look stupid.

omg +1 ftw
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
AOL speak is for homos
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by Dirge Humani
If any of my friends ever did anything like that, I'd punch them. I make the effort to type correctly, even when IMing or texting. I think all those abbreviations look stupid.

Respect to you sir, i also try to use grammar and punctuation to the best of my ability even in IM's and text messages. i like to make the effort to be civilised and not speak like an asshole.

!7 |-|45 |333|\| |)0|\|3 |33|=0|23.

Quote by Dirge Humani

+1 I never abbreviate what I say in linguistic terms, including texts, IMs and E-Mails.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Last edited by guitaristclass at Feb 11, 2007,
Quote by phatsack
AOL speak is for homos

isn't homo an abbreviation too, y dont u say it like its supposed to be said. HOMOSEXUAL!, not homo. homo is the kind of milk I put in my cereal
Quote by Dirge Humani

I know, tipin lyk dis makes you look stupid. Sometimes it's hard to try and understand what they say to you.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
isn't homo an abbreviation too, y dont u say it like its supposed to be said. HOMOSEXUAL!, not homo. homo is the kind of milk I put in my cereal

Which is an abbreviation for homogenized.

lolpwnt
My history teacher actually encourages us to write that way.

EDIT: AND he was a journalist haha. I obviously am not affected...yet...
Get off my lawn.
I always try to use proper grammer in everything I do except when I text on cellphones. And that's only because it takes forever to get the words right, I don't understand how some people can type on cellphones like they can type on a computer.

However I remember when my friend and I were uber addicted to StarCraft he'd write all his papers like he typed on StarCraft.

Oh and my God...how lazy are kids these days? Wit for With, Da for The and Dat for That. You type in one more goddamn key and you have the word spelled correctly.
IM-speak is for IM. That's about it.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Th4ts s0 s4d, lyke c0s t3h kiddi3zz kan7 sp3lz0rZ. I c4n G1v3 3m les0nzZ...lolzroflmaowtflol!!!121one!lol!

It took me two whole minutes to figure out how to type like a retard.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Urgh I hate it when you are trying to hold a convesation with someone and all they can type is

"lyk wot u up 2 2nite cos im lykwl bord n stuf so do u wana go owt 2 lyk go 4a drynk?"

Is it that much harder just to type it in English, instead of trying to crack this internet enigma of a hyroglipic code?

drynk?.... DRYNK? I give up
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Hells_Bell
Th4ts s0 s4d, lyke c0s t3h kiddi3zz kan7 sp3lz0rZ. I c4n G1v3 3m les0nzZ...lolzroflmaowtflol!!!121one!lol!

seriously, you go to school from ages what 3-24. They teach you how to type, speak, write and read in english/spanish/french/whatever language. You should be able to use proper grammar and spelling skills on a test.

Lol@teh|\|0085!!!
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
Quote by meh!
My god, ****ing moron children.

+1

I mean.... You just can't.....I'm speechless.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Hells_Bell

O RLY?
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by HawkaLuigi
My history teacher actually encourages us to write that way.

EDIT: AND he was a journalist haha. I obviously am not affected...yet...

haha
Quote by im_hungry
haha

I'm quite serious. He said that he doesn't care when we're taking tests, so it sorta looks like this:

"b4 da fall of da hawaiian mon. da queer had prob. wit forgieners tking cntrl of da gov."
Get off my lawn.
Thats funny right there. It really doesn't surprise me.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Quote by C.C. Deville

That was retarded.
ಥ_ಥ
Last edited by arsonite at Feb 11, 2007,
I know the article says it's recent but I know I've seen this somewhere before...because I posted:

"I'm Southern, but I wouldn't use the sayings, "squeal like a pig" or "kick the bucket," in formal writing (because) some people may not understand," Davis said. "IM-speak should be treated the same way."

Why the hell would you possibly need to use the phrase "squeal like a pig" in formal writing???
have you ever chatted with someone with a camera and they type lol but you can see that they are not laughing. that's why i like to chat on boards now cause it takes more intelligence and someone with a sense of humor
Life is all about the ass, Saving it, Kicking it, and Getting it!