Hey, ive got a mesa dual rec 100 watt head plugged into a 4x12 cab with a "380Watt Capacity". How many watts am i acctually getting with this setup? Im not sure if this is a stupid question but this thing is soo loud that it sounds like its louder than 100 watts. Im a little confused. As you can tell. Thx.
100w
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by schecterboy3000
Hey, ive got a mesa dual rec 100 watt head plugged into a 4x12 cab with a "380Watt Capacity". How many watts am i acctually getting with this setup? Im not sure if this is a stupid question but this thing is soo loud that it sounds like its louder than 100 watts. Im a little confused. As you can tell. Thx.

The 380 watt capacity is basically a warning saying "Don't go over 380 watts because it'll blow up. After you've probably already gone deaf"

You're still gonna end up with the original 100 watt.
Quote by godofshred
i read somwhere that you should always go over the heads capacity by 1/2 with your cab just to be safe so the speakers themselves dont distort or rupture.

possibly but i wouldnt try it, especially not with a nice cab lol
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
what if you have 100 lbs of sh*t in a bucket that can hold 380 lbs of sh*t, how much sh*t do you have?

....100 lbs
Its 100 watts. It says 380 watts on the cab to show how much it can handle.
Sent from my iPad.