Page 1 of 2
Anyone have any good ideas for fingerboard inlays. All i can think of is fingerprints or like a double edged blade or something. Don't worry about the price of anything, any ideas are good.
Last edited by mitch12 at Feb 11, 2007,
A giant throbbing penis with red vein inlays.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
It depends. How big do you want it? Are you doing it yourself? What is your budget?
Not taking any online orders.
OOh,^ and a vagina on the 12th fret.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Get all different symbols like Jack Black's guitar in The Pick Of Destiny!

Or roman numerals looks cool.

Or eyes?

Or Tally marks. Y'know..

Or like one of those 'pulse lines' Like on those gay heart machines.. That would look cool..

I'm giving away all these cool ideas..
lol thanks guys keep the ideas comin, althouth the throbbing penis is tempting, i think im gonna pick somthin else
Quote by mitch12
lol thanks guys keep the ideas comin, althouth the throbbing penis is tempting, i think im gonna pick somthin else

Hahahah, that just looks sooooooooo wrong.
make the inlays a penis becoming erect starting at the 1st fret, then when it reaches the 12th have it be fully erect, and on the last fret have it ejaculating
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by godofshred
luthier of texas says thats gay.

Oh yeah...

Is it gay if it penetrates the 12-th fret vagina?

Loopholes!!!

EDIT:

Quote by mitch12

Someone better sig that!!
vine inlays are pretty cool, but not suited for this guitar, im giong for more of a metal/hard rock oriented guitar and i dont think the vines will suit it
Inlay "INLAY NUMBER _" with "_" being the fret number that the inlay is on.

EDIT: Or inlay something really dumb like "THIS IS A GUITAR" across the whole fingerboard.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
schecters use the vine of life inlays

and they do brutal metal stuff, its the implementation that gets tough, thats a pretty expensive inlay job..
the pulse line idea sounds amazing, although what would you do on the 12th?

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
The pulse is a great idea or a barb-wire. Like the Hr. Geiger Ibanez one.
I still think a penis inlay would look cooler.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
i like the pulse line idea. My friend suggested a painting of the grim reaper on the guitar pointing to the neck with lightning or somthing coming out of his finger, then have the lightning bolts as the inlays
Quote by Generalpwnt
I still think a penis inlay would look cooler.

And then chromatics like on "Flight of the Bumblebee" or "Bite of the Mosquito" would look like wanking.
Quote by mitch12
vine inlays are pretty cool, but not suited for this guitar, im giong for more of a metal/hard rock oriented guitar and i dont think the vines will suit it

skulls or upside down crosses like toni iommi those crosses are so cool i don't remember if his are upside down but they should be upside down crosses rock thats what i would do
the finger print is wicked Bad @ss sounding. ive never seen that b4. the pulse lune sounds intense too
<JimmyPage5290>
Gibson Les Paul Smartwood, and Trogdor (Custom guitar build)> Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde> DigiTech Distortion Factory> Dimebag CryBaby >Fender Hotrod Deville 212
Quote by stevetravale
Flatline on the twelfth, and all the way down to it, it gets smaller.

thats so awesome, then just dots on the side up to 24.

orr just make the heart beat on 3,5,7,9,12 etc and when it gets closer itl look like its going fatser
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Quote by godofshred
luthier of texas says thats gay.

'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
write the words "up-side_down" so that its right side up for the person playing it, but up-side-down for the people looking at you play it!! that would be tight

Edit: /\ did luthier of texas ever admit that he just bought a guitar and said he made it, or is he still saying he made it? that shit was funny
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Hey does any one know what the brand Jack Blacks guitar was in that movie?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Or like one of those 'pulse lines' Like on those gay heart machines.. That would look cool.

What makes a machine that monitors whether your heart is working correctly gay?
Anyways, it's called an echo cardiogram.
SHOOP DA WOOP in huge letters
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Page 1 of 2