Well, I'm buying a Jackson WRXT soon. Im putting an EMG H4 in the bridge, and I'm not sure what I should put in the neck. I play mostly metal, but I do use the clean setting a lot. I really like the clean while in the neck, or the middle on my main guitar I have now, which has an EMG active 81/65 set. What type of pickup would give me a good warm clean sound?

Try to keep it around the price of the H4, (80 USD) as I'm trying to keep this build under 1,000.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
why would you put a passive EMG in there out of choice?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
EMG passive pickups suck I've used them I was going to buy a guitar with them and immediatley replace them with Bill Lawrence pickups. I would suggest a bill lawrence l500xl in the bridge and a l500l or l500r or l500c in the neck. These will be cheaper and they will be better dimebag used the l-500xl a lot.
xl- extra lead
l-lead
r-regular
c-clean
well i like humbucking pickups for the bridge, theyre better for rock but on the neck position humbuckers sound like crap. If you want good tone get a dimarzio yjm or something on the neck but idunno if you can do that with your deathmetal guitar.
Quote by schecterboy3000
well i like humbucking pickups for the bridge, theyre better for rock but on the neck position humbuckers sound like crap. If you want good tone get a dimarzio yjm or something on the neck but idunno if you can do that with your deathmetal guitar.

are you on crack?

and sigged.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

Yah, that Gary Moore sounds like ass....and that Slash guy, UGH! Pass the earmuffs please!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com