Well our bands Bassit quit...At my school he was the only one not in a band.So now my best friend Wants to learn how to play Bass I can play bass but all our songs require two guitars so im not switching.Hes a Fast learner so I could teach him how to play and essentialy our set.Would Teaching him to play bass To be in my band be a good idea?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Really interesting use of capital letters there mate. If your friend wants to try, go for it. As long as he has the enthusiasm.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Really interesting use of capital letters there mate. If your friend wants to try, go for it. As long as he has the enthusiasm.

haha yeah wtf
you cant find any other bassists? if you are in a serious band picking up a completely new member who can't play their instrument will REALLY slow things down, trust me. I have made that mistake twice now because I inevitably end up playing with hardworking dependable people who cant play well over people who can but dont give a shit
Don't know if you like the Chili Peppers but Hillel Slovak (chili's origional guitarist) taught Flea how to play....
dude, theres always a bassist somewhere, they like to hide in their parents basements. Just go to some friends at other schools and see if they know anyone, even a bassist who has been playing for 6-12 months would do
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Practice sessions will suck at first...but go ahead. I made the mistake of teaching this girl in my class to play bass for my band...She sucked ass, but since everyone thought she was hot, no one told her.
it needs more cowbell!

Member #5 of UG's gain \/\/hores

Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
Well if hes a quick learner and you have no other options then yes. You shouldnt have need help with this, its quite obvious.
--
...and the world sighed in relief