So this summer if i get a job the first $1,000 i get is going on a new half stack. Right now i have a Behringer Gmx212 amp and its not that bad but when you run an Eric Clapton signature strat and a Carlson PG-51 (PRS Custom 24 Copy) it makes you want the tone the guitars REALLY have. So i plan on spending about 1k, i play mostly blues, classic rock, and a LOT of chili peppers type stuff. No metal thou, not for me. What would be a good amp? I was looking at VOX but idk
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I'm thinking along the lines of a Fender Twin Reverb , Vox AC30 or a Marshall JCM 800. One of those three, but don't listen to me. Most people tend to think I don't know anything.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Do you really need a half stack? I would suggest some sort of fender.
Gear
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Godin SD
Boss DD-20
Yeah dude just get a 2x12 combo.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

dude i think you would like a marshall. john fruciante uses a vintage marshall stack which is too expenseive but you could get real good tone from a combo amp.
maybe a marshall dsl401 (its a combo) and its about 1100
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
I'd say go for a vox AC30 if you're looking at combo amps, not a clue if you have to go half-stack though. It does blues and classic rock amazingly, and you'd most probably be able to get a chili peppers tone, I'm 95% sure of that.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
First amp that comes to mind is JCM 800... Frusciante uses Marshall mainly, at least on stage. Though I doubt you'd be able to get a Silver Jubilee for 1k, so I think JCM 800 2x12" would be your best bet
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

^Is the JCM good for blues? Would it compare with the Vox or a fender? It may well be but I thought it was more focused on a higher gain, Classic Rock - 80's style and not so famed for blues.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Go to a load of shops and try out a load of amps and buy which one you like best.

But look out for older types of Marshalls, Oranges, Vox's and some Peaveys.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by This_Kidd
^Is the JCM good for blues? Would it compare with the Vox or a fender? It may well be but I thought it was more focused on a higher gain, Classic Rock - 80's style and not so famed for blues.

It'll do them just fine. SRV used marshall JCM800 combos in his live setup sometimes.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Frusciante uses lots of cleans and has a huge pedalboard for effects and different types of distortion. I would recommend learning a couple of RHCP songs from beginning to end (or at least the parts with the tone you want) and try it out on every amp you can get your hands on. You might be surprised with what sounds closest.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83