Hello everyone!

Our band, Trash Kittens, have just recorded a new demo.

It's called Trash Kittens, and is our signature song.

www.myspace.com/trashkittens

It's the first one on the list.

I don't think the quality is too terrible, although it does need remixing, and I can't engineer for shit.

Crit for crit, and I hope you enjoy it, even if you are't a glam fan.

Cheers, Ditch / Johnny / Scriv / Mokie / Krabbi xXx
I really like this. I love the lead guitar players tone. It reminds me of the New York Dolls a lot and a little bit of the clash which is probably my favorite band. I actually don't think you guys really sound like the ramones like that kid said. You sound like the New York Dolls crossed with Cannibal Corpse and Aretha Franklin. I like your music. Check mine out, even though it's not really like this. It's more guitar. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522091
Way too much mids in the mix, and your singer sounds like he's from a bad Ramones tribute band.
Quote by rockybo
Way too much mids in the mix, and your singer sounds like he's from a bad Ramones tribute band.

I'm sure that I can do something about that

And by "from a bad ramones tribute band", do you mean I sound like Joey or Dee Dee?

Cheers.
Hey,
the songs actually pretty cool. There's a real lack of decent GnR style guitar rock at the moment and this has a lot of potential. As someone already said, the guitars sound fantastic. The guitar solo could do with a bit more variation. Maybe jump around the fretboard a bit more rather than sticking to within a few notes. In the intro the drums start to go a bit out of time (falling behind the rest of the band). Did you record the drums on their own first and then layer on top of it or record everything at once? This could probably fixed pretty easily since the drum beat is fairly simple, just cut out the offending bass and snare drum hits and move them to the right place on the drum track. Can't really comment on the mix since i'm listening through some laptop speakers. The only other comment I would add is that the singer isn't very energetic in the first half of the song, but it does get better towards the end. It should be an energetic song so really go for it. Might even sound better if the tempo was increased a little.
Hope this helps!

Take a look at mine if you have time
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523750

Thanks
This recording is basically a demo for my band members to learn the chord changes, so I played all the parts over a drum loop.

It's a bit slower than I'd like, so it's usually a bit more fun when we play it as a whole group.

The guitar solo I think does need a bit of work, and it's not the same without the harmonica part that goes over the top of it.

I suppose I'm fumbling in the dark a little because I'm using a shitty set of speakers and I have no idea what sounds good.
The Trash Kittens are sounding pretty good. I prefer you solo Johnny Skull**** material, but this is good, too.

Just curious - is there a reference to the Dolls in Never Amount to Anything? The verse sounds like Subway Train.

Edit: And the solo in Trash Kittens is from one of your songs, right?
Last edited by opivy21 at Feb 11, 2007,
aaaaw, i wanna be a Trash Kitten now, ur name song's solo need some work but ir a good tune, love the 80's rock feel ur right it is glam... i like Born to Save Rock the most but ur vocals gotta be perfected on that one,
woow!!

i like you music, as probably many as said the voice is very similar to ramones (maybe to similar?) I like the whole feeling of the songs,
I wouldn't hesiate a second to join your band if i were asked
keep it up
Just curious - is there a reference to the Dolls in Never Amount to Anything? The verse sounds like Subway Train.

Yeah, I was playing around with sus4 chords, and i realised it was subway train, so I decided to dedicate the second verse to the dolls:

(it's just like Johansen said/in subway train i hear it in my head/I can't ever understand/why my life been cursed poisoned condemned)

Edit: And the solo in Trash Kittens is from one of your songs, right?

That is correct, I figured I'd conveniently lift it from there ain't no freedom. Looks like it needs a bit more work, so fair play.

aaaaw, i wanna be a Trash Kitten now

"Accept us into your life / we'll accept you too / 'Cause you are a trash kitten / we love you"

trash kittens fans are trash kittens.

I really do need to get everyone into the studio so that we can do this properly. If a slight improvement in sound quality increases the response, it'll be even more positive once it has proper drums and a singer who doesn't deserve to be shot.