wat does C - mean? is it minor??
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
C = C major

Cm = C minor

Cm7 = C minor 7th

Cmaj7= C major 7th

C7 = C 7th

etc.
why do they do that?? too lazy for Cm??
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Its just a different way of writing it. Doesn't matter, they both mean the same thing.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
isnt C- a C dimished???

which would be 1 3b 5b (or 1 3 5b), while Cm is 1 3b 5 .... ?? I'm not sure about it tho... I'm not very good at that kind of things
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
isnt C- a C dimished???

which would be 1 3b 5b (or 1 3 5b), while Cm is 1 3b 5 .... ?? I'm not sure about it tho... I'm not very good at that kind of things

No...i think a C diminished is 1 3bb 5b...or C Ebb (or D) Gb.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Ace88
No...i think a C diminished is 1 3bb 5b...or C Ebb (or D) Gb.

A diminished chord is 1-b3-b5, the symbol being °, as in C°.

Minor chords are often written as C- instead of Cm.

Just different ways of writing it that mean the same thing.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
^listen to him
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
A diminished chord is 1-b3-b5, the symbol being °, as in C°.

Yes i know that but in the case of Cm, your third is already dimished so it turns into a double flat, hence the 1 3bb 5b.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Ace88
Yes i know that but in the case of Cm, your third is already dimished so it turns into a double flat, hence the 1 3bb 5b.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'in the case of Cm.' A diminished chord is 1-b3-b5 regardless and will always be 1-b3-b5. If you had a 1-bb3-b5 you'd have a 1-2-b5, or a Csus2b5.
Quote by guitar_god22

Quote by RyanInChains9
I'm not sure what you mean by 'in the case of Cm.' A diminished chord is 1-b3-b5 regardless and will always be 1-b3-b5. If you had a 1-bb3-b5 you'd have a 1-2-b5, or a Csus2b5.

I mean that a Cm chord is a C, Eb, and G, so to make it diminished you have to diminish the Eb (hence the double flat) and diminish the G = C Ebb (ergo, D) and Gb.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Ace88
I mean that a Cm chord is a C, Eb, and G, so to make it diminished you have to diminish the Eb (hence the double flat) and diminish the G = C Ebb (ergo, D) and Gb.

No, you don't.

If you have a Cm chord, you have a 1-b3-5, or a C-Eb-G.

You want to go to a diminished chord, which is a 1-b3-b5. You already have a b3 in Cm, so all you'd have to do is lower the fifth. That would be C-Eb-Gb.

What you're saying is that a diminished chord is 1-2-b5, which is incorrect.
Quote by guitar_god22

Quote by RyanInChains9
a diminished triad consists of:

Tonic - Minor 3rd - Diminished 5th

so it would be

C - Eb - Gb

end of story, ace get your facts straight i take advanced music theory courses in school.
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
so... C- is a Cdim or Cm ???
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Quote by hurlyz
so... C- is a Cdim or Cm ???

C- is Cm.

C° is Cdim.
Quote by guitar_god22

Quote by RyanInChains9