Too much fuzz, not enough definition for me. Some people like it though.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
It really depends on the type of distortion you're looking for. If you want straight-up fuzz, there's always the Big Muff (which I own and like). If you want more of an overdrive, you should look into DI boxes with built-in signal boost/distortion. MXR makes good examples of these, and if you don't mind spending more money, so does Line 21.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
I say try it out. It works for me, although I don't put it through heavy use. From other threads like this, try it out and make sure you've got the right settings or it might sound like crap.
I bought one, fiddled around with it for aaaages, sold it and bought a big muff.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I suggest the Diesel Dawg by Gallien Krueger. It uses the same distortion circuit as in their amps, and by just playing with the gain knob, you can get anything from a slight growl to metal madness! My amp has the distortion built into it, but if I ever get another amp, I'll buy this pedal just for my distortion tone. I love it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I own one but i use it as a boost pedal to cut through at certain times, not an overdrive pedal.
It works really well as a boost but the overdrive isnt very clear and a bit fuzzy and muddy.
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
I don't really like the sound from it.

A more all-purpose distortion/overdrive pedal is probably the Ibanez PD7.

Something you may want to look into is the HAO Rust Ride. Lots of people on other forums seem to like it, but I find it is very messy and gain-y. I don't like it. I tried one out and it sounded nothing like the nicely overdriven sound clips I heard on zzounds.

You might like it though. It's kinda expensive, however- ~$190 CDN.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Death-Metal-Distortion-Pedal?sku=150835

I use this baby! Turn up the mids for an awesome distorted groul, and turn up the highs for that fuzz! And overall it just has that really messy distorted sound I love!

(yes I knwo it is a guitar distortion)
(yes I know it may be a bit too much distortion for you other guys)
(shut up)
the ODB-3 is OK, i only use it for like down tuned distortion riffs, but i think the ODB-3 is very good with the low B on 5 strings
I have it and I think it's pretty damn good, you can get a good variety of sounds from it, from just a bit of overdrive to a real nice metal crunchy sound, and it's great for just a bit of fuzz or just using it as a boost for clean tone
I'm not sure on this, sometimes I can get some great sounds out of it, a big muff style fuzz or a grinding industrial like distortion. And sometimes it sounds like a pile of crap.
i reccomend you try first just to make sure.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
I think its way too fuzzy and crappy, kinda like that cheap tinny cheap amp distortion that everyone hates. much prefer my PD7
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Lmao
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..