ok so when i tune my guitar with my tuner i tune it perfectly and then when i go back to the strings i have already tuned i play them and they sound fine but my tuner says they are way too low, or deep, or w/e you want to call it. what is the problem?
do you have a floyd rose trem?
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
change batteries? idk...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Did you just change your strings?
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Quote by codynw42
ok so when i tune my guitar with my tuner i tune it perfectly and then when i go back to the strings i have already tuned i play them and they sound fine but my tuner says they are way too low, or deep, or w/e you want to call it. what is the problem?

Read carefully, people.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you sure you trying to tune it by ear?
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by Zuka
Read carefully, people.

Why don't you tell us what's wrong with it then miss "read carefully".
did not just change strings, had them for about 6 months. batteries are fine.dont know what a floyd rose trem is. and i have a squier obey strat, and my tuner is a small handheld korg.,
If you've just started tune by ear and use your strings as comparasing than your tuner's probably right.
If you have a cheap tuner (like myself) they're often a little unstable.
Or it something else..
Originally posted by distilledspirit
You truly are a redneck.
Quote by codynw42
did not just change strings, had them for about 6 months. batteries are fine.dont know what a floyd rose trem is. and i have a squier obey strat, and my tuner is a small handheld korg.,

Good god 6 months? Change your strings man.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TUNING BY EAR, IT IS A SIMPLE QUESTION. let me rephrase it............i tuned my guitar perfectly WITH MY TUNER.... then i didnt play and tuned it again (with my tuner) to check it.......... it said that all my strings were equally out of tune,,,,,,they were all lower than what they are supposed to be. does that make sense?
Quote by Anything Goes
Good god 6 months? Change your strings man.

I knew someone who hadn't changed them for an awful lot longer than six months.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Yeah I havn't changed my strings for about a year Everytime I go to town I forget to buy new strings or I don't hit the music store or something. And the strings I did have I sold to my friend but they sound like shit so I'm glad I didn't use them. I guess I just need to write it on my hand or something.
Quote by codynw42

if its the GA-30 tuner i have this tuner too and mine sometimes does it... its a POS rly lol but it gets the job done have u tried directly plugging the cord into it rather than using the mic, i usually get better results (thats if ure using the GA-30 of course)
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Maybe your tuner is faulty. If you have Guitar Pro, just tune it with the MIDI tuner within the application.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by C.C. Deville
if its the GA-30 tuner i have this tuner too and mine sometimes does it... its a POS rly lol but it gets the job done have u tried directly plugging the cord into it rather than using the mic, i usually get better results (thats if ure using the GA-30 of course)

when i plug it into the guitar and strum, nothing comes up on the tuner.