hey, hello and howdo to thouse who might read this.

anyway I'm looking into buy an good acoustic guitar as the one I have now is a cheapy onE I got second hand off eBay for £15 and I figure it's time for a change. I don't know all that much about good brand on the acoustic side of thigns. electric side of this I know quite well as my bro has quite a collection. so just wondering what you guys would recommend getting?

Thanks in Advance
well if your looking for a good good acoustic that your willing to spend money on get a martin, washburn or taylor. if you want a decent solid top acosutic that wont be too expensive get a basic fender acoustic
I think Martins are better than Taylors, but hey I don't want to turn this thread into an argument. Ignore that.
Signatures are too mainstream
Quote by diverdown04
I think Martins are better than Taylors, but hey I don't want to turn this thread into an argument. Ignore that.

I'd say that Martins are different from Taylors (see, I'm not flaming )
It's really hard to say: what is a good acoustic guitar? To give any kind of good advice, we would have to know what kind of music you play, how much money you are willing to spend, and even what your skill level is. I would suggest going to your local guitar center, or other large music store, and trying different guitars until you find one you like.
Time-tested, and still the best way to do it.

Good luck!
Quote by Parentadvisory
well if your looking for a good good acoustic that your willing to spend money on get a martin, washburn or taylor. if you want a decent solid top acosutic that wont be too expensive get a basic fender acoustic

Theres better stuff for the same prices as the basic Fender acoustics IMO.
Not to start an argument or anything, lol.

Ummm..... Every different price bracket has a few brands that tend to make the best guitars in that bracket.
So we really need to know your price range
Thanks for the input so far. from what i've read taylor or martins seem to of been brought up the most I'll have a look into them at somepoint.

Quote by which ones pink
I'd say that Martins are different from Taylors (see, I'm not flaming )
It's really hard to say: what is a good acoustic guitar? To give any kind of good advice, we would have to know what kind of music you play, how much money you are willing to spend, and even what your skill level is. I would suggest going to your local guitar center, or other large music store, and trying different guitars until you find one you like.

True, it is hard to say what good is, but condering my present one, pretty much any that doesn't cost £15 off ebay is good, saying that it has done the job for the past 2 years or so, I shouldn't complain. As for music I play, normally stuff like bob marley oasis simple stuff really, also for some reason I play like RATM and other quite heavy tunes but acoustically, its got a quite interesting sound to it. My price I'd say is between £400-500, I've got like £380 at the minute but I can get the rest within 2-3 weeks
As for going to my local guitar store, my local one is 30 miles away and the only way I can get there is bus which takes like 2 hours to get there, it goes the scenic route, and long story short, I just can't be arsed sitting on a bus for 2 hours there and back as it shouldn't take much more than 30 mins to get there, anyway i'm getting off track here. I guess at some point I'll hafta head on down that road. really just want a bit advice before I go throwing my moneh about.
Quote by johnos
Theres better stuff for the same prices as the basic Fender acoustics IMO.
Not to start an argument or anything, lol.

Ummm..... Every different price bracket has a few brands that tend to make the best guitars in that bracket.
So we really need to know your price range

true there are better, but i just love me a fender, and i dont htink it's a bad suggestion
are'nt ibanez's good acoustics? Because I've also been looking into acoustics, the Ibanez AW40 looks sweet with it's vine inlays - so love vine inlays!!!!!
At your price range Martins and Taylors are not an option.
Definitely check out Alvarez's and Yamaha's.
Sorry that I can't be too specific with models but prices of guitars tend to be different all over the world.
Hopefully someone else will be able to suggest some more specific examples to have a look at
I just bought an AD60s Alvarez and i highly recommend it, the sound is so smooth and sweet compared to others in the same price range (which sound dull). The quality is also very nice and yet very beautiful
Quote by Der Bomber
are'nt ibanez's good acoustics? Because I've also been looking into acoustics, the Ibanez AW40 looks sweet with it's vine inlays - so love vine inlays!!!!!

im gonna go hit you that is so dumb they are the most shit guitar for their price they look good so what thats it they look good

it really depends on how much he wants to spend i doubt he can afford a good martin or taylor depends were u live. but for a good value guitar get a alverz ask anyone they know they fell like double their price