I want to try a tube amp after the results of mt last thread. anyways if you want to know what kind of music i play just go to the link below. i've only tried a Vox tube amp before which was pretty awesome but i forgot the model. so anyways does anyone have ave suggestions on a good yet affordable tube amp? one that i can also use on a small gig? price range would be about....$200-$400 although 400 is kinda pushing it.

EDIT: i have a line 6 hd 75 right now and im planning on using that cab. i forgot to add that im looking for a tube head and not a combo...thank you
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
Last edited by Draind at Feb 11, 2007,
Epi Valve Junior for like 100 hundred bucks then that other money could be spent on somethin else
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Epi Valve Junior for like 100 hundred bucks then that other money could be spent on somethin else

I second that.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Randall's....i remember i tried a combo amp at a sam goody in Hawaii. it sounds pretty awesome. gave me that tight bassy palm mutes but also gave me those blaring highs too. and recomended model?
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
the valve junior is soooo cute..!
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

The best thing to do if you don't have a lot of money to spend is look used.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
The best thing to do if you don't have a lot of money to spend is look used.

^ Absolutely!

You could probably do small gigs with a brand new, $300, 15W Fender Pro Jr, but you could also get a lot more amp for the money off Craig's List.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Peavey Windsor is 400 brand new.
Peavey VTM's or Peavy Ultra's sell for way less than 400 on eBay (VTM's normally start at SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS!).
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs