C#m E A B
If I'm using those chord shapes with a capo on 2nd what do they become?

Thanks so much.
D#m, F#, B and C#

I think.
Quote by Kartman

Way to go, guitar_man_guy!

(You should sig me)

Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers'(Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or T0xicitY to join!
The exact same thing but relative to the second fret as opposed to no fret. What i mean is you still play C#m as X46654 with the capo on, but if you mean actual position on the fretboard then it simply moves two frets up to x66876.

Get it?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'd like it to be as if I put the capo on two and moved the chords up so that it was like the capo was the beginning of the neck. Would it still be D#m, F#, B and C# by doing this?

So that I'm changing the key...but to what key am I in?
No no no, if you put the capo on the 2nd fret then you still write everything like there's no capo, so on your sheet of paper you'd still be writing C#m, E, A, B, but you've technically moved everything one whole key up.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Oh, then what is D#m, F#, B and C# come from? I thought by putting the capo on two and playing the same shapes as C#m E A B, I was changing the chords to D#m, F#, B and C#. Possibly making the chord progression turn from E into F#.
Quote by Matty22
Dbm, F#, B, C# if I'm not mistaken.
You are mistaken
He said the 1st chord was C#m and you said it turned into Dbm loll

I bet you meant to say(write) D#m...
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Quote by Ace88
No no no, if you put the capo on the 2nd fret then you still write everything like there's no capo, so on your sheet of paper you'd still be writing C#m, E, A, B, but you've technically moved everything one whole key up.

So, you're going to tell your keyboard player and the horn section to capo 2 ??

The ACTUAL chords are D#m, F#, B, C# when you use a capo at the 2nd fret to play the chords you asked about.
Oh, then what is D#m, F#, B and C# come from? I thought by putting the capo on two and playing the same shapes as C#m E A B, I was changing the chords to D#m, F#, B and C#. Possibly making the chord progression turn from E into F#.

D#m, F#, B, and C# are the actual chords being played, so that's what you would tell a nonguitarist who obviously isn't using a capo to play.

So, you're going to tell your keyboard player and the horn section to capo 2 ??

Obviously not you blockhead i thought that was obvious enough.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

So if I play an A position on the fourth fret, but put a capo on second, keeping my fingers on the fourth fret of the guitar, it makes it a B?
Quote by haywire robot
So if I play an A position on the fourth fret, but put a capo on second, keeping my fingers on the fourth fret of the guitar, it makes it a B?

Quote by haywire robot

Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by haywire robot

This is exactly correct. The D#m, F#, B, C# comes from the fact that you've moved everything up 2 frets from the key of E to the key of F#. Where did you get lost?
Quote by ZootCst
This is exactly correct. The D#m, F#, B, C# comes from the fact that you've moved everything up 2 frets from the key of E to the key of F#. Where did you get lost?

Oh, got it. Sorry, I think I was getting confused with the other replies. Thanks so much.
Quote by haywire robot

If you mean moving the three notes on the second fret of a regular A chord up to the fourth fret, then yes, putting a capo on the second fret will make it a B.

The reason everyone got confused about this was because when you said an "A position on the fourth fret", that normally means a full bar on the fourth fret and fretting the second, third, and fourth strings at the sixth fret (making it a C#). Just a miscommunication.
right if you know the 12 notes, then when you place a capo on any fret and play a chord it is fret number semitones up for example A Major with capo on 9th would be A plus 9 semitones.A-A#-B-C-C#-D-D#-E-F-F#Maj. I hope that helps try this. capo on 4th playing a C
But C#m is a bar chord, therefore it doesn't matter where the capo is, right?
Logos and websites for low prices - pm me

Quote by SideshowRaven24
wow dude way to think innovative. nice plan.
Quote by icon_player_5
that would be awesome if you saw it all the way through, good imagination

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
Quote by al silver
But C#m is a bar chord, therefore it doesn't matter where the capo is, right?

C#m, as a barre chord, is barred with the 1st finger at the 4th fret, yes? Now, put a capo on your 2nd fret and play 4 frets up from the capo. That's the Difference. You are now playing a D#m because of the capo. To make things easier for ourselves, guitar players write things relative to the capo. To relate to other instrumentalists takes a little more music theory.
ah, i was thinking of it as still playing it on the 4th fret relative the strings with out the capo...
Logos and websites for low prices - pm me

Quote by SideshowRaven24
wow dude way to think innovative. nice plan.
Quote by icon_player_5
that would be awesome if you saw it all the way through, good imagination

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2