when you've got a band should both the guitar's have the same/similar tone?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Depends on your taste. A lot of the times rhythm and lead have very distinct different tones. Depends on if you guys wanna get extra oomph by playing the same stuff, or if you want people to be able to hear both guitars distinct sounds.
no not neccessarily. ones rythym and ones lead. usually the lead is more treble and the rythym is bassy. but in they should share the same similar tone.
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
ok cheers, if we went for the first option would it be better to have one played on the bridge pickup and one on the neck pickup? or does it not really matter
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Quote by eXperiment63
Depends on your taste.

Yup. My preference is for a more fully textured sound. I want different, interesting guitar tones within the track, and a wide variety of sounds from the guitars over the course of the set/CD.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Draind
no not neccessarily. ones rythym and ones lead. usually the lead is more treble and the rythym is bassy. but in they should share the same similar tone.

usually that is,
i play lead/soloing with lotsa bass and using the neck pick up while the rhythm plays chunky stuff with some agrre tone.
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

I prefer finding the best attributes of the guitar/amp setup of each guitarist and playing on that. My Mesa has mucho bottom end, and extreme drive. My rhythm guitarist's Marshall has more of a midrage sound with a bit creamier drive. When you mix the two together you get tonal ecstacy! Find your own tone, and have your other guitarist do the same, and if they work well together enjoy!
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~