I've asked countless people who they think is the better guitar player and I've gotten about a 50/50 responce. Now your turn, I want you to post who and why. I'm not looking for awnsers on just a technical level either I wont to hear who you think is the better writer adn who you think puts more emotion into their playing.

In my opinion I would say Blackmore can paly better than Page but when it comes down to song writing Blackmore can't contest to Jimmy's song writing ability.
*reported*

No versus threads. If you were going to validate this if it was legal, you'd need to have a poll. But it's against forum rules, regardless.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
ok course the page fan reports this, lol jokes
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Well they are both guitarists, undeniably. I would have to say Page though, I think Page incorporates more types of music, no disrespect to Blackmore. Page can incorpotate things like blues, metal, and folk into the same song, I mean Blackmore is good. Thats just my two cents.
Member #8 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
^ Blackmore does that too. Blackmore's Night Folk/Ren DP Blues, Rainbow (neo)Classical/medieval?
Neither are metal, they are hard rock.
I guess you need to look at it in terms of what you think is 'best'. Blackmore is more technical, both are very expressive, both use exotic scales so it's really a personal preferance.

I like Blackmore better but Page isnt far behind.
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
Quote by Bodah
I've asked countless people who they think is the better guitar player and I've gotten about a 50/50 responce. Now your turn, I want you to post who and why. I'm not looking for awnsers on just a technical level either I wont to hear who you think is the better writer adn who you think puts more emotion into their playing.

In my opinion I would say Blackmore can paly better than Page but when it comes down to song writing Blackmore can't contest to Jimmy's song writing ability.

Jimmy page didnt write smoke on the water, the greatest and one of the most influential riffs ever... Blackmore kills page, Blackmores longevity, versitility, songwriting skills and he knew soo much more then Page..... What does Page do these days??? Blackmore dresses up as Robin Hood and plays reneicance music.... Look at Blackmores versitility, songs such as Blind Man, Mistreated, Smoke on the Water, Lazy, Stargazer, Highway star, 16th Century greensleves, Kill the king, Burn..... All completely different styles.... Whereas Page stuck to that Blues rock genre..... In my opinion Blackmore easily has it over Page
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
^ well I can agree with that one too
I'm actually surprised there are a few Blackmore fans, I would have thought this thread would be all Page, Page, Page.
Also on top of that Blacker's guitar tone is to die for.
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
Quote by death_jr
Well they are both guitarists, undeniably. I would have to say Page though, I think Page incorporates more types of music, no disrespect to Blackmore. Page can incorpotate things like blues, metal, and folk into the same song, I mean Blackmore is good. Thats just my two cents.

Replace Folk with Classical and you get Blackmore.
Blackmore. No doubt about it. I love Zep and Jimmy Page but the two are very different. Blackmore is more knowledgable technical as he was classically trained before turning his attention to rock. He also write more detailed and involved music. But in Page's defence that might be due to musical style Rainbow especially could be seen as a metal / prog rock band, whereas Zep was basically a straight ahead rock band. But the kicker to me is that live Blackmore still kicks aSs. He is a brillaint player and matches what he put on recordings with equally amazing playing live. Page.....well he honestly sucks pretty bad live sometimes, while at other times he is just alright. If you cannot do it live do not waste my time. End of story.
page by a long shot and whats with the bullshit about live performances zep would do encore after encore the fans obviously loved it and dazed in confused is tight live with the violin thing(dont know technical term) and this has nothing to do with blackmore i've got nothing against him I think he's great, but my opinion is the people on this post arent blackmore fans its just the anti-page people finding another reason to complain
-Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out-
Yeah Page is a sloppy player no doubt. But I find some of Blackmores writing "bland"? I guess, I mean "Smoke on the Water" is a good song but you can't compare it to Zeppelins main hit, "Stairway to Heaven". I have discographies from both bands so I've heard my share from both. Zeppelin did stick more to one music style then Purple did but in the later years they started going into different music, I mean just look at "In Through the Out Door" that is a really different Zeppelin album.

And yes it is really nice to see some more Blackmore fans, when I first posted this I thought I would be swarmed with Page fans.