Page 1 of 2
Hey everyone, I'm taking a music course in high school, but I don't know what instrument to pick. It is strictly only brass and woodwinds, so here are my choices: trumpet, saxophone, tuba, french horn, trombone, clarinet, flute, percussion(I'd want to, but there's already a drummer in my class who's been playing for quite some time.)

I want something easy and loud. I was thinking tuba cause its just huge and sounds like a bass. I definitely don't want to play flute though, cause it's so quiet, it's hard to make sounds and the brass instruments are blasting in your ears.

What's your favorite? Got any suggestions?

Thanks.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Trombone FTW!
Updates|Chat|Forums|Contests|Monkeys|Your AccountUsername:████████
Password:████████
LOGIN!
HIGHVOLTAGE45+ Join Today!

Privacy Policy|About|Contact|Advertise|Voltage Inc.©
Quote by chrismacker
guitar :P

jk
im not sure, i hate the other instruments besides percussion

thats very open minded of you.

also, saxaphone ftw!
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Try a bari sax.. You can get as loud as a tuba, plus it's about 10 times sexier.
you should learn to play the skin flute
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Last edited by Gummy Balls at Feb 11, 2007,
I honestly gotta say the flute.... just look at Ian Anderson...
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
just suck it up and practice and get better than him
don't let your ambitions be beaten cause someones better than you
your a bitch
Any of the saxes, for pure sex value.

Or trombone, for the sexual innuendo.

The point is: SEX.

In your bum.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
You should play the greatest instrument ever invented.... the Cowbell!
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
trombone, just for the innuendo.
There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. - A.J
------------------------------------------------------------------------
#3 member of Slashism, the worship of Saul Hudson himself, PM slashs_#1_fan to join.
friggin trombone!

i play it.

you can hit people in front of you with the slide
its the most fun to play
it looks sweet
no reeds to worry about
sounds better than a sax imo.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I've been playing clarinet for the past 6 years at my school, I have to say it's quite an easy instrument for Ensemble Band. Do whatever you like and you will do fine. If you choose something that you end up not liking you won't practice it at all and you won't become better at it.
go with trumpet, they have the melody alot of the time.
i've played trumpet, sax, and clarinet, and trumpet is the easiest
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by PunkNDrublic318
just suck it up and practice and get better than him
don't let your ambitions be beaten cause someones better than you
your a bitch

???

I don't have drums at home, I have no experience playing, I don't even know the names of any drums except snare and bass, and this guy has been playing for over 3 years.

Anyways...

Seems like everyone likes sax. Right now I'm thinkin about tuba or sax.
-Jimi Hendrix
trumpet

besides if you ever get lonely, you can use some valve oil and have your way with the bell

~
Ask the band instructor if they'll let you play the didgeridoo. If not, go for the French horn.
Quote by theacousticpunk
go with trumpet, they have the melody alot of the time.
i've played trumpet, sax, and clarinet, and trumpet is the easiest

Yeah trumpet is pretty easy except for matching pitches without using the valves. The teacher says that it's easier to match pitches with a bigger mouthpiece such as tuba.
-Jimi Hendrix
Please don't pick a woodwind.

If you want loud, pick trumpet. If you want something that actually sounds good- French horn. And the fact that I'm a French horn performance major has absolutely nothing to do with my decision.
Pick the sax, you knob. I've played it for 4 years and it's so much better than my other instruments (clarinet, trumpet, and keys) other than guitar.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i play saxophone apart from guitar, so i have to stick with it.

percussion!!!
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
You got to play the trombone! I play it in band class
My Gear: For sale/trade:
Epi Les Paul Custom SPF I-5 delay
Fender Jazzmaster MXR 1O band EQ
Line 6 DL4
Fulltone OCD
Verbzilla
EB volume pedal
Ampeg Reverberocket
If you play bass, I say you should play Bari Sax, if you play guitar, go with any other sax. Saxophones are fun! I play Tenor, and love the range of it.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
Definitely pick a brass instrument. Pick whichever one is suited to your lips.

But French Horn is probably the best. So underrated.
French horn is very hard to play. I tried to teach myself but it fell off the radar because i was teaching myself so many other intruments.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Umm, sax is a good choice, and apparently it's very easy because of the little octave key it has. I personally don't like alto saxes though, they're too squeeky (for lack of a better word) for my liking.

I play the trumpet and really enjoy it though. You can really get some cool sounds out of it if you know what you're doing. Trumpets also seem to carry the meoldy of a song qutie a bit. Oh, and I have very fond memories of playing it in music class... Trumpets generally sit in the back corner of a band, so the teacher usually can't see what you're doing back there, especially with all the instruments obstructing his or her view. I used to transcribe simple riffs for it (Ironman, Heaven and Hell...) and just play them out of nowhere.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
the bass clarinet and regular clarinet
were pretty fun when i took band
(to bad the teacher was an ass)
R.I.P. Frank Zappa R.I.P. Hideto Matsumoto and nowR.I.P. Rick Wright

It doesn't take words to make love
You be the flower, I'll be the bee
That wasn't love, they were just words
You be the heart, I'll be the arrow
Kinda weird that there no bass but I guess tuba would be okay. I was offered to play the upright bass at school because I play bass in my alternative/metal/punk band but I theres no one in band that aren't either very weird or dorky. Don't get me wrong, I act like a dork, but there like World of Warcraft/ Dungeon and Dragons kind of dorky.
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
Kinda weird that there no bass but I guess tuba would be okay. I was offered to play the upright bass at school because I play bass in my alternative/metal/punk band but I theres no one in band that aren't either very weird or dorky. Don't get me wrong, I act like a dork, but there like World of Warcraft/ Dungeon and Dragons kind of dorky.
... Our school band is NOTHING like that lol. Everyone's such a slacker, it's almost like they took music just because it's so easy.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Umm, sax is a good choice, and apparently it's very easy because of the little octave key it has. I personally don't like alto saxes though, they're too squeeky (for lack of a better word) for my liking.

It's not that easy. The fingering for the most common scales you'll find on tenor sax can be downright hard, and if you dont know how to use the octave key properly you're ****ed. Most of the time i don't even bother with it in fast runs because it's faster to just change the pitch with my mouth. And don't get me started on altissimo fingerings--those are a bitch and a half and take a ****ing long time to even get a sound.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Page 1 of 2