The tone Im looking for is from what I read through this Guitar One magezine. They just gave a bunch of tips and some accesories to buy. For the accesories they mentioned, Picks, Strings, (I think) pick ups, speakers, and overdrive pedal. Its a way to find your special tone that you are trying to discover yourself. Out of those five, I already have three down. The bold is what I need.

Picks - Medium (Dunno the gauge, just know I like mediums a lot)
Strings - DR .009's
Pick ups - Seymour Duncan Humbuckers SH-4 JB
Speakers - ?

Overdrive Pedal - Ibanez TS9

I read somewhere in a catalog that seymour duncans are really cool for best of both worlds when it comes to clean and distortion-filled tones. And I see them everywhere in ads. They must be pretty popular. And I want to know what speakers I should get. My amp sounds kind of twangy so I might just get a new amp aswell but in the mean time I think a speaker would be much more cheaper. I think the speakers I already have are 8" crate speakers.

The guitar I currently play is an epiphone special model II. And my amp is a peavey audition20. Thats just to add before you ask for my gear. So do you think the tone Im heading for is a good one?
Ballz On Parade
Part of the Emo Dies in 2007 club, PM DownInAHole. or cockzit to join
i would worry about getting a new amp and guitar first
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
The amp will cover most of your tone.

Rule of thumb man, always think about the amp first.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Everything you have listed will definitely help improve your tone, but they're generally what you'd want to change when you have a really good amp and want to perfect everything. Not that they're a bad idea, but a new amp is going to help out your tone much more than anything on that list. Also, I don't think there are a whole lot of high-quality 8" speakers out there, that I can think of atm anyway.
+1

I really noticed how much strings affect your tone too. After not changing my ernie ball strings for several weeks now, it sounded so dead and...ugh.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah I was thinking of getting a new amp too but more later. I aint rich.
Ballz On Parade
Quote by Jinskee
+1

I really noticed how much strings affect your tone too. After not changing my ernie ball strings for several weeks now, it sounded so dead and...ugh.

i find ernie balls to sound nice and bright at first but they die in less than a month.

i had a set of DRs in my strat that lasted 3 months before i changed them, and when they mild out of age they mild out just a little bit, they dont go dead like EBs
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
^Yeah, I really like em' when they're new. Have any clue what others other than D'dario's?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
^Yeah, I really like em' when they're new. Have any clue what others other than D'dario's?

that ive tried, GHS Boomers sound pretty good, and then they mellow to the point of 'dead' after a while, which isnt as long as you would think because they are roundwound and start to really collect masses of filth. i dont like how roundwounds play either so i never gave them a second time of light.

then i put on DRs and fell in love instantly, they sound really nice and bright, and then later they sound nice and mellow but they never seen to die. i changed mine after almost 3 months because they were a little dirty, not because it sounded bad.

ive never tried anything else sad to say, but im not 100% set on my guage so i toy with that just a little bit
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
I've tried Elixirs, GHS, and D'addario. Elixirs last forever, but they're kinda slippery and the covering flakes off and they're just kinda weird. I really like the GHS Boomers, they usually lasted me a month or a month and a half, and I got a ten pack of D'addarios for Christmas, so I'll probably be using those for a while... I like them a lot too, so it's fine with me. GHS were probably my faves, I'm not entirely sure why though.
Will the thickness of the guage have something to do with how long the strings will last? I'm thinking about trying 11's next time.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah thanks for the string knowledge as Ill take those into mind but what about the speaker I posted earlier?
Ballz On Parade