Poll Options
View poll results: Are you a freemason?
yes, i am
19 17%
no, im not
96 83%
Voters: 115.
Page 1 of 2
i wanna see how many freemasons we have on UG. im only 15 so i cant join yet, though im very interested. im going to join when i'm 21. discuss?
1st vote. Sick. And I'm only 14, so no.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
sorry but what exactly is a freemason? ive heard the term before but i have no idea what it means
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
my cat is. he's the coolest
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
what the hell is that.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
From what ive heard, It's probably going to be tough to join. I don't think they are going to have a little application you can just fill out and get in.
Quote by Stratmaster69
sorry but what exactly is a freemason? ive heard the term before but i have no idea what it means

+1
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Quote by MoBscene
your watching discovery arnt you

no is there a documentary on it again? im gonna turn it on now hahaha. thanks
One vote for yes, eh?
Im not.

EDIT: but in the town over, on the side of a building there is the freemason logo on one of the doors.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Damn Feb 07'ers.

Look I seriously doubt you can just walk up and say I wanna be a member. Now teach me your secret hand shakes and give me my cool little decoder ring. If that was the case then Im pretty sure that every little kid with a box of Fruit Loops would be eligible to join. You sir, are a complete tool.
almost everyone here is too young to join. Also you cant just join when you reach a certain age, you have to be nominated, then the process of actually becoming one is pretty difficult.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
no, I'm not, but there is Freemason lodge about 7 minutes from my house. I only see really old people go in it so I'm not too interested. I like the rings though...

And since it was mentioned I flipped on the thing on Discovery Channel. Pretty cool so far.
A know alot of freemasons, they kindof creep me out. The whole secret organization thing turns me off of the whole thing.
hey guy!
Quote by MoBscene
your watching discovery arnt you

Haha, exactly what I was gonna say.
Nobody ****s around with Freemasons. They have powers, evil powers.
Quote by ramzy23
hey red horse, it's red fish blue fish, you jackass
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
almost everyone here is too young to join. Also you cant just join when you reach a certain age, you have to be nominated, then the process of actually becoming one is pretty difficult.

i know a few, to be one, all you have to do is ask one, believe in a higher power, and you must be 21, well, thats all ive heard about joining
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Damn Feb 07'ers.

Look I seriously doubt you can just walk up and say I wanna be a member. Now teach me your secret hand shakes and give me my cool little decoder ring. If that was the case then Im pretty sure that every little kid with a box of Fruit Loops would be eligible to join. You sir, are a complete tool.

no, im interested, and i want to know thier secrets. thats it
judging from the wiki thing it looks like some sort of cult?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
judging from the wiki thing it looks like some sort of cult?

pretty much.
Ummm my name is Mason and I live in the so called "Land of the Free..." Does that count??
SPACE FOR RENT
Quote by TheEyeOfHorus
i know a few, to be one, all you have to do is ask one, believe in a higher power, and you must be 21, well, thats all ive heard about joining

you have to be of good moral character, have several character references, at least two of which must be freemasons, there are other requirements also that vary from lodge to lodge and within the different rites.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Membership requirements

Freemasonry initiation. 18th centuryA candidate for Freemasonry must apply to a Private (or Constituent) Lodge in his community, obtaining an introduction by asking an existing member. In some jurisdictions, it is required that the petitioner ask three times, however this is becoming less prevalent.[36] In other jurisdictions, more open advertising is utilized to inform potential candidates where to go for more information. Regardless of how a potential candidate receives his introduction to a Lodge, he must be freely elected by secret ballot in open Lodge. Members approving his candidacy will vote with "white balls" in the voting box. Adverse votes by "black balls" will exclude a candidate. The number of adverse votes necessary to reject a candidate, which in some jurisdictions is as few as one, is set out in the governing Constitution of the presiding Grand Lodge.

General requirements
See also: Regular Masonic jurisdictions, Co-Freemasonry, and List of famous Freemasons
Generally to be a regular Freemason, a man must: [15]

Be a man who comes of his own free will.
Believe in a Supreme Being.
Be at least the minimum age (18–25 years old depending on the jurisdiction).
Be of sound mind and body (Lodges do not deny membership to a man because of a physical disability; this is largely a historical holdover, and if a potential candidate says there will be no problem, he will be taken at his word), of good morals, and of good repute.
Be free (or "born free", i.e. not born a slave or bondsman. As with the previous, this is largely a historical holdover, and can be interpreted in the same manner as it is in context of writing a will. Some jurisdictions have removed this requirement).
Have character references, as well as one or two references from current Masons, depending on jurisdiction.
A candidate is asked 'Do you believe in a Supreme Being?'. Since an initiate is obligated on the sacred volume which is applicable to his faith, a sponsor will enquire as to an appropriate volume once a decision has been made on the applicant's suitability for initiation.

A number of Grand Lodges allow a Lewis, (the son of a Mason), to be initiated earlier than the normal minimum age for that jurisdiction, although no earlier than the age of 18.

Some Grand Lodges in the United States have a residence requirement, candidates being expected to have lived within the jurisdiction for certain period of time, typically six months.[37]

It is notable that the requirement for the candidate to have a belief in a Supreme Being is present in some, but not all, Co-Masonic bodies, leading to a significant divergence in organisational direction and philosophy.
Come you masters of war,
You who build the big guns
You who build all the planes
You who build all the bombs
god didnt you people watch that movie National Treasure.?

lol sorry, i have no clue what a freemason is but they mention them in that movie with nicolas cage...good movie.
Officer Nole07 of the U.G.P.D

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
I'm a junior mason currently in the process of becoming a full member.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
You have to know a free mason to become a free mason. Also, you have to be white.

Thats the word on the street anyway.
Screw the Freemasons. The Illuminati is where it's at.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Nah, I got screwed and ended up hooked on that "FREE Masonery" trial, but I couldn't figure out how to cancel and now they bill $39.95 a month to my credit card... I'm not impressed.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by Rebourne
pfffffhhhhtt... My cult is so exclusive only I'm in it.

can i join?
Page 1 of 2