has anyone here ever had an OBE, I've been to trying to have a self induced one for a couple of days.
Last edited by 13579ed at Feb 11, 2007,
You can't intentionally cause an Out of Body Experience.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Save yourself the trouble and just take a shitload of DXM.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Try some of those brainwave generator things. On a semi-related note, the other day I was laying in bed listening to Scarborough Fair/Canticle by Simon & Garfunkel and when I closed my eyes I could see these spinning, weaving, kalaidoscopic vine-looking things. It was crazy.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by 13579ed
has anyone here ever had an OBE, I've been to trying to have a self induced one for a couple of days.

What have you been doing? Flexing your muscles real hard?
Quote by guitarguy17
I hear you can get one from peeling off your skin, laying it on the ground, and then looking at it....You should try it!

wow no one do that. I took alot of blur once and had one it was crazy I saw me floating away... I floated high above the clouds to the limits of the atmosphere. It was the most beutiful thing thats ever happend to me.
Hey
Quote by $Guitarist$

Yea you can. Don't say things like that unless you know.

I've only done it once, though keep in mind I don't every really work at it. I'm more into just meditating and lucid dreaming

OBE's are wicked, 360 degree vision!
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by $Guitarist$
Untrue. Through meditation it is possible. Lucid dreaming can be considered an OOBE, same with regular dreaming, expect only the former is usually intentional. I've been on the verge of leaving my body during meditation, but i usually jump the gun and the try to physically stepout or panic.
smoosh
i used to really want one...im too scared. I think i did have one once...i woke up one morning, andi felt very light and dizzy. I knew something was gonna happen, so then I let it be for a few seconds..i swear i mustve been out of my body, like rising above a few centimeters, but then i opened my eyes and got slammed into my body...i dunno if thats an obe, but it was freaky
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
i used to really want one...im too scared. I think i did have one once...i woke up one morning, andi felt very light and dizzy. I knew something was gonna happen, so then I let it be for a few seconds..i swear i mustve been out of my body, like rising above a few centimeters, but then i opened my eyes and got slammed into my body...i dunno if thats an obe, but it was freaky

I think that would count as one, it's weird. Next time I have a lucid dream(I'm not very good a inducing them) I'll try to go to an OBE from the dream. I dont know if it will work
im gonna try that, does it have to be quiet to meditate properly?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
i had one once when i was about to go in for surgery. they put the mask on my face with that crap to make me go under. and the doctor was showing my a majic trick while i waited. aobut 3 seconds after he started his face went all blurry. and i started to see everything really bright. then my view of things shot forward and and i could kinda see myslef from about 6 or 7 feet away. not sure how. i don't really believe it could happen. i think it was just me imagining myself laying there and i was thinking of what i would look like. who know...
Had two OBEs on one DXM trip, it really opened me up to new ways of thinking.

When I did it, I was listening to "De-Loused in the Comatorium" by the Mars Volta while watching the full-screen visualizations from WinAmp (don't know if you've ever seen some of those visuals, but there are some real crazy ones) and the world started to melt away. As it did, it seemed like I was speeding away from earth with great speed. As I sped away, I came closer and closer to this bright blue orb that seemed to be pulsing with huge amounts of power. I think that it was the center of the universe or something similar that I made up in my head. Anyway, it was incredibly warm and comforting, and I started to become concious of the fact that I was actually just tripping, not in the center of the universe. After that, I was able to just close my eyes and get some really crazy kalaedoscopic visuals.

Once things started to slow down and I was having less intense trips, I went outside and smoked a big ass joint. I came back inside and started to listen to "Atom Heart Mother" by Pink Floyd. I was eager to start tripping again, so I closed my eyes and just relaxed. Immediately I was outside of my body looking in, and it was like I was able to control the zoom on the image of my own body. I kinda zoomed way out so that I saw earth from space, then saw our solar system, then our galaxy, and then hundreds of other galaxies. All this time I was becoming really distressed at how insignificant my life seemed. At that time, it was as if I couldn't "zoom" out anymore and I suddenly became aware of this immense cold sweeping over me. I thought to myself that I must be at the edge of the universe, hence why I couldn't go any further. But as I looked out past the edge of the universe, I could see hundreds of other spheres that I assume were supposed to be parallel universes/dimensions.

This second trip was really unpleasant and distressing for me, and it really kinda scared me away from drugs for a while, because I actually contemplated suicide (a ridiculous contemplation) because I felt so miniscule in relation to everything else. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that OBEs can be great, but they can also be awful.

And don't think that I'm some space cadet, I don't really believe in spirituality or alternate dimensions, it's all shit that was produced in my head.
I have some when I play gigs some time. Wierd, it's like you get into this trance and you can see yourself and it's like, damn! I'm really blasting those licks out perfectly.
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Save yourself the trouble and just take a shitload of DXM.

3mg dextromethorphan hydrobromide per pound of body weight to start, put on your spacey psychadelic or techno album of choice and wait an hour.

Even if it doesn't work you'll like it.
I got them ALL the time when i was younger i was looking at my hands and moving them around it's like i was controlling them but at the same time i was helpless to move them where i wanted it's soooooo weird i wasn't on any drugs because i was maybe like 7-8 at the time and ya when i walked around i felt like i was a couple of feet behind my eyes but i haven't had one in years, there was a period where i got them 2-3 times a week. I think it's probably something to do with oxygen and sugar to the brain probably not spiritual at all but whatever all i know is that i wish they would come back cause they were soo trippy
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by davebooska
i had one once when i was about to go in for surgery. they put the mask on my face with that crap to make me go under. and the doctor was showing my a majic trick while i waited. aobut 3 seconds after he started his face went all blurry. and i started to see everything really bright. then my view of things shot forward and and i could kinda see myslef from about 6 or 7 feet away. not sure how. i don't really believe it could happen. i think it was just me imagining myself laying there and i was thinking of what i would look like. who know...

dude, exact same thing hapened to me when i went in for surgery. it was insane, one of the craziest feelings ive ever experienced.
Dave Mustaine: "I like jazz, but I could never play it. You just sit there with a guitar the size of a Chevy on your chest, wearing a stupid hat, playing the same solo for an hour. "
that would be the painkillers they give you. So of them are halucinogenic right before they knock you out

and if you really want to enduce a OBE, just don't sleep for a few days, eating nothing but Jelly Beans and V8 Splash
yeh i had one. i walked around my room and looked at myself sleeping. then i saw someone pulling into the driveway so i started to get dressed but i fell and woke up.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

- T.S. Eliot