I picked up a Fender Squier Strat Pack(shup D yesterday(yeah, my first electric guitar), and I have absolutely no idea how to install the whammy bar/tremolo arm.

Yes, I'm stupid.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

*twitch*

That's it?

I thought to use a whammy bar, you pushed it in towards the guitar. Does this mean you just kinda move it up and down? <_<>_>

D:
In that case, how would I use it? .___.

Sorry for the double post. ;o
Quote by Aceh
In that case, how would I use it? .___.

Sorry for the double post. ;o

hold it, then as you strike a note bend it up and down.
New Rush album in 2007! Can't wait!
Up and down, as in...
Pivoting it, or actually pushing it down towards the guitar? D:
Sorry for the double post, AGAIN, but when I do it, it seems to get me answers.

I'm a demanding bastard.

I know I can have the same effect with a good vibrato, but I'd like to at least be able to use what I paid for. xd

So uhm. Towards guitar or pivoting? D:
Push it towards the guitar (forward) and I doubt you'll have much room for raising the pitch, so dont worry about pulling up on it.
You will learn soon enough that a noob doesn't need a whammy bar for a while. But I guess you might need to know what it is for and how it works tho.
Yep. That's the main reason. I won't be using it too much, but I'd like to at least know that it works and that I didn't pay for a broken piece of crap. D:
grasp the whammy bar towards the end. Pivot it down, like you're trying to bend it parralel with the strings. You should see the bridge (where the strings end) raising up higher from the body.
I dont have the whammy bar on my squier strat, quite frankly its rubbish. Your not missing much by having it off.
Ohhhhhh. Okay. For some reason, I had some Guitar Hero-like idea where it'd go down reallyyyyyy low. : o

Thanks for the input, I'll try it when I get home. :]
Quote by Aceh
Ohhhhhh. Okay. For some reason, I had some Guitar Hero-like idea where it'd go down reallyyyyyy low. : o

Thanks for the input, I'll try it when I get home. :]

only a floyd would go that low

Gear:
Ltd Viper-1000 Deluxe
Shittone i mean silvertone revolver
Cube 60

Originally Posted by sendmeapick
you pick squires over gibsons?

thats like michael jackson over jessica alba
OH MY

YOU'RE THE ONE

DDDDDD: