I'm a little bit of a noob at guitar techniques. When i try to bend on my strat i can't seem to get the note i want. Do i need to loosen up the thing on the tremolo to make the strings slinkier?
Do you mean you have trouble getting TO the note you want (ie you're unable to bend it far enough) or that you can't consistently bend to a note (you over or under bend).

If it's the first, make sure you're using proper bending technique. It's a motion kind of like opening a door knob, it doesn't come from your fingers. Check youtube for a tutorial or something.

If it's the latter you just need to practice.
tighten the tremolo and get slinkier strings.

for me: i blocked the tremolo (basically a hard tail) and using 9 gauge ernieball.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I picked up a great little tip at a blues seminar.

If you're having problems with reaching the note (like you go either too high or too low), play the note you're on, then the note you want to go to, and play the first note then bend to the higher note. It really helps in comparing what it should sound like to how you play it.

If it's just too hard to bend, you'll need to practice to build up finger strength.

As for HOW you bend, well, that's a little different. You could either read up on it, or just keep practicing until you learn how to do it yourself. For me, it was the latter. So, up to you on that one.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
keep practicing. it's the key to anything.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
You are so vague. Can you not reach the note? Or do you keep overshooting, or undershooting?

It's all about practice.
buy thinner strings.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Samick 80 watts amp (Doesn't sound good though)
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
:stickpoke
Practice reaching the right note.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30