Yesterday i went and picked up my Eric Clapton Signature strat and IMO its AMAZING. I had my doubts but theyre all gone. It delivers such a sweet bluesy tone and its perfect for most of the stuff i play (Bunch of blues and RHCP type stuff) but if i get into heavy distortion the pups buzz. I still use my trusty old Carlson PG-51 which is basically a PRS Custom 24 copy for super distorted stuff. I just wanted to point out this is an AWESOME guitar. Pics tomorrow
Alright heres the pics.

Im SOOOOOOOOOOO stoked about it. The vintage section manager at guitar center was telling me that fender has records of only 94 clapton strats being manufactured w/ a rosewood fretboard but clapton had the production stopped and went with maple. He ran a serial check for me and it dates back to 1991.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Feb 12, 2007,
...I hate you

And no....

PICS NAO!

CONGRATS MAN! I feel really happy for you, that's a great guitar!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Damn I wish I had that guitar.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Awesome man, congrats. I cant wait for the picks.

May i wish you many happy days of playin your strat.
Alright, bring in the pics.

Ok, time to pop quiz, what's the difference between normal fender strat and EC Sig strat?

If you can't answer it, give it to me now.
^+1...to me.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Invictious
Alright, bring in the pics.

Ok, time to pop quiz, what's the difference between normal fender strat and EC Sig strat?

If you can't answer it, give it to me now.

Aren't the electronics all active? And there's the 'swimming pool' routing. Meh.

EDIT: oh, it was at the TS
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Pics or it never happened...

Pics now I want to see this beast

Cheers.
Damn it! I want that guitar!
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
K, got the pis up now
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
YES!! PICS!!!

Thank you and that's a very nice guitar, congrats man!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
YES!! PICS!!!

Thank you and that's a very nice guitar, congrats man!

Thanks, i immediatly fell in love with it
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
very nice guitar.... although you should have made the upgrade and got "blackie" for $25,000 or w/e they're asking for it..... j/k, very nice
Quote by jbonamassa99
i thought the clapton sigs had maple fretboards

Like i said, the guy at guitar center told me that there were 94 made w/ rosewood fingerboards and then the production was dropped. I would have gone for the maple but i got it used so there wasnt much of a choice. I love rosewood though. I have it on all my guitars.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
very nice. My Clapton strat has a maple fretboard, but I think I like the way yours looks even better. Too much contrast between the maple and black....
Quote by colin617
very nice. My Clapton strat has a maple fretboard, but I think I like the way yours looks even better. Too much contrast between the maple and black....

Ya i like the rosewood. If i had the chance i might have gotten maple but IDK, i love this guitar though. Now for a decent amp...
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
^Fender blues amp

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Pud
Nice guitar! How much did it set you back?

Have fun playing it.

I actually found it on Craigslist and traded about 1k worth of paintball stuff i never used for it. Guess where i got the paintball stuff...i traded it for my old squire which i payed $60 for . Now this is without doubt the BEST LUCK I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE. Essentually i just got lucky and traded to people who didnt know what they had. But hey, thats not my problem now is it? The guy met me in the guitar center parking lot and we took it inside to verify its authenticity and the manager from the vintage section recognized it instantly and then ran a serial check and got the year. I just got VERY lucky.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by CustomCustom
nice strat I want one for twangy stuff

Theyre AWESOME for that and blues.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
very beautiful guitar. very happy for you.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Hah, it's just a normal fender strat with a stamped on EC signature on the headstock and different fretboard material, and they charged you 5 times the price.

j/k

That's a beautiful strat. Post clips?
i'm so damn jealous!!!
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Personally, I hate the look of it. I'm sure it plays great though, congrats!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Nice Strat for sure. How much did you get it for in the end, if you don't mind me asking.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay