I bought a Peavey XXX 40W combo. Will I be able to get good tones out of it in my house without going deaf?

Also, how well does this amp get that traditional Marshall Crunch? A good example of the exact sound I want would be the beginning to "Dead!" by My Chemial Romance. Dont flame.

Also, what about John Petrucci's tone on Train of Thought. I know he tunes down 2 steps but he has great tone.
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
Oh, grats on getting the amp zeppelin.

I don't know about good tone from a XXX. I suggest you get an attenuator if you can, it'll be easier to crank, especially for 40 tubed.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
To get MCR's tone you would have to beat your guitar with dead small animal.
If someone says don't flame i do it anyway.

On my tube amp i can get great tones without going loud at all.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
You won't get a Marshall tone from that amp, and if you want power amp OD, you'll have to have it loud.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I can keep my 60watt tube quiet and still have good tone.

Can't see why you shouldn't be able to.
Weber mass attenuator.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Peavey's sound pretty good at low volume.
My Valveking and my brothers 6505+ both play nicely at in house levels. I would imagine the XXX would work similarly
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
The sound at low volume will be good enough to practice on.

What more do you need around the house.

Ron
You'll get good tones out of a quiet tube amp. It just won't be as good when it's cranked.

Plus, the only way to get a Marshall crunch is by actually having a Marshall.
Sent from my iPad.
i have the 60w XXX combo, and I get great tone on clean and crunch/ultra at like 1-2 on the master, the volumes cranked. I dont know any MCR, so i cant help there. PM any other questions you have, or settings tips for me :-)

Have fun with it. It sounds awesome turned up some, but neighbors dont like it...
Member #78 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

Originally Posted by Gibson_Rocker13
why the hell would you worship satan if hes gunna torture the **** out of you.
The XXX has good preamp distortion, so it sounds alright at low levels. The sounds, though, are pretty much pure metal (the amp sounds pretty scooped) and I don't foresee you getting "Marshall" sounds out of it.
Hi, I'm Peter
the triple x's do sound pretty modern

^greatest screenname ever (dirk gently)
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
That's the kind of question you would generally ask before you buy it.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.