so the m7b5 -> maj7 resolution sounds really good..but for the life of me (must not be thinking right?), i cant find the key that it is in.

e-x---x-
B-6---5-
G-5---4-
D-6---5-
A-5---3-
E-x---x-
Dm7b5 -> Cmaj7

D F Ab C
C E F B

C D E F G Ab B C
(The G is assumed)
But what is a major scale with only a m6?

The only other scale (that i can think of) where C could be a major chord is C lydian...but theres no Ab in C lydian
C D E F# G A B C
it would still have a m6, along with the #4.

could anybody help me?
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Last edited by 6DgOfInTb at Feb 11, 2007,
This is like something I've been studying called "mode mixture".

Basically, in this case, the m6 is sometimes used in major. You can get a minor iv chord or fully diminished vii7, but in this case you went with ii half-diminished 7. I'll look again tomorrow to see if I can explain better.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
wow that does sound nice. I would say its in c major, with the Ab as an accidental. sorry.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
yeah, i figured it was in C major. I dont really understand what you were saying (Psychodelia), but hopefully you will be able to inform me on it later?

it frustrates me, because i feel like i know a good amount of theory, but this has stumped me.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build