has anyone of you guys ever one a prize from the UG contests? and if you have, do you live in the US?
im just thinking half the prizes are for americans only. and also because the states are only for americans

cheers
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
:stickpoke ...the states are only for americans?? i see, well no, ive never won anything in a contest, so i wouldnt know
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
I "won" one time. They never contacted me and then when I contacted them they never gave me anything.

So how do you know you won?
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
In the contest section it had my name at the bottom. It was a few months ago so its not there anymore. A friend PMed me with a question and say congrats on winning the contest. I checked and I had won, but no emails or prizes EVER got to me. I was in contact with Casulty01 and all he said was "I will handle it tomarrow". No one even handled it no matter how much I asked all the mods and Admins!!!! Err.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
In the contest section it had my name at the bottom. It was a few months ago so its not there anymore. A friend PMed me with a question and say congrats on winning the contest. I checked and I had won, but no emails or prizes EVER got to me. I was in contact with Casulty01 and all he said was "I will handle it tomarrow". No one even handled it no matter how much I asked all the mods and Admins!!!! Err.

That sucks. Btw where in Florida do you live?
Quote by Xerothunder
So how do you know you won?

They announced his name as a winner. Unfortunately he'd entered a UK only contest.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Are contests open to Canadian residents?
Quote by Xerothunder
Are contests open to Canadian residents?

Varies fro contest to contest, but the majority are, yeah.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Varies fro contest to contest, but the majority are, yeah.

*scurries off to enter contests*

Thanks.
Quote by Masamune
That sucks. Btw where in Florida do you live?

Weston. You?

Quote by FrenchyFungus
They announced his name as a winner. Unfortunately he'd entered a UK only contest.

That doesnt explain anything about why I wasnt contacted or anything. If you knew about it then so should the admins who were supposed to contact me.

Plus, It doesnt require you to enter your address or anything when entering so how would they have known!?

Quote by Xerothunder
*scurries off to enter contests*

Thanks.

Dont bother. If you win, they will find a way around it.
Quote by Masamune
Boca

They probably knew from your ip address I guess. I don't if you can tell where someone lives from it.

Looking for someone to jam with? PM me if you are.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
That doesnt explain anything about why I wasnt contacted or anything. If you knew about it then so should the admins who were supposed to contact me.
True, but there would have been reasonable delays between you emailing Cas, Cas emailing the contest host, them emailing back etc.
Plus, It doesnt require you to enter your address or anything when entering so how would they have known!?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2487/thvcontestcm6.jpg

o_O
Quote by Bmm386
People do win them, I never try, but people do.

The late Casualty01 once told me, or rather the chat, that he was giving the prize to a recognized UG name, because he wanted it to be someone that actually came here.

Indeed, the guy who actually won didn't respond to emails, so Cas had to pick another user, and he figured he'd give it to a regular rather than a random name.

Quote by wahappen
One of the chat regulars won an XBOX not too long ago.

See.

Cas also once told me that there are roughly 3000 people enter each contest, sometimes that reaches around 10 000 if it's a big contest.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez