I have a Seagull S6 spruce acoustic guitar and love it, although I've experienced a problem with it lately and I'm not sure what is causing it. When I play the g-string on the seventh fret, there is a terrible buzzing noise. The string sounds fine on every other fret, and every other string on the seventh fret sounds fine. At first I thought the problem may be the strings, so I changed them and the problem still exists. Is there something wrong with the fretboard? I don't know what to do think, I was wondering if anybody had any ideas. If not I guess I will just have to take it into the music store and see what they can do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
when the buzzing sound usually accurs its probally b/c of the bridge height. did u give it a set up?
Your frets may not be leveled or something. I'm not really sure on that though, so don't quote me on it. Take it into the shop maybe?
Epiphone Riviera Jorma Kaukonen Deluxe
Orange Tiny Terror with a Mesa 2x12 Lone Star
Boss PH-3
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
hm, i haven't messed with the bridge, and i actually took the guitar in to get the strings changed rather than doing it myself. thanks for the replies though. any other ideas?