People, JIMMY PAGE IS NOT GOD! NOR IS HE THE GREATEST GUITARIST EVER! If anything, he was a thief. Listen to the album TRUTH by The Jeff Beck Group and then to Led Zeppelin I, TRUTH came out first, and Jimmy Page rips off Jeff Beck. Also, listen to the song "Taurus" by Spirit, a song that came out in 1967, Jimmy Page rips off that riff for the "genius riff" of "Stairway To Heaven". Not to mention their whole ripping off Muddy Waters with the song that Willie Dixon wrote called "You Need Love", "Whole Lotta Love" sounds suspiciously similar.

Now for the other part of my argument. As a guitar player, he's not that great or at all innovative when compared to the likes of Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Johnny Winter, Jimi Hendrix, Pete Townshend, Peter Green, David Gilmour, Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Johnson, etc. He may have been technically better than, say, Townshend or Green, but Townshend is a genius songwriter who comes up with truly original ideas and innovations. Jimmy Page, when compared to these guitarists, is pretty generic.

These are my arguments, say what you will, but don't start a flamewar. And please, I want INTELLIGENT responses, no Zep fanboys saying "OMG, Liek, Page iz GOD!!" Please give reasons to back up your argument if you disagree. I did.