i am on the verge of tears. Yesterday evening before i went to bed i was playing the guitar. when i went to ed i put the guitar on its stand and everything was fine but when i woke up i realise that it has fallen over and the neck has snapped!!! Now this isnt some cheap squier we're talking, about its a gibson ES-335. Now is is fixable and how much would it cost to fix it?
Rig:

Gibson ES-335
Peavy Classic 30
Quote by jsbud11
Does it have a bolt on neck? Cause if so then it's fixable.

yea what he said
if not then you are f*cked
Has anyone seen an ES 335 with a bolt on neck?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
it snapped around the headstock area. it isnt completely off. Its a major crack
Rig:

Gibson ES-335
Peavy Classic 30
Go ask in the Gear building and customising thread, and if possible post a pic. The guys in there will help. It is definetly fixable. Dont know how much it will cost though.
Yeah it'd be a good idea to post a pic of the guitar so people can see how badly damaged it is so they can give some more helpful advice.

Man, that sucks dude =\
I didn't have a signature until now.
even a set neck can be repaired- it's just a lot bigger of a pain because they need to remove the glue and all.

I would guess you're going to need to get the neck replaced and that that part is beyond repair, which could be really expensive; the entire guitar might be effectively "totaled" and just cheaper to replace it.

i'm sorry, dude.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Wow, thats sucks pretty bad. Thats why I am always scared of putting my guitar on a stand for an extended period of time. My advice is to duct tape it. A little duct tape fixes anything.
My guitar fell of my stand today but fortunately the fall didn't do any damage to it. Not that it really matters, seeing as my guitar is a piece of shit anyway.

I'm sorry to hear about your guitar, I think I'd be on the verge of tears as well.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
My friend had a bettencourt(sp) washburn and the neck snapped at the headstock. He took it to a luthier and he fixed it. It was scarred but fixed. But a ES-355 has painted neck ( unless it's natural finish) so that should be cool too
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Last edited by Gummy Balls at Feb 12, 2007,
Damn, man, that sucks. I know that this happens to the headstocks of a lot of Les Pauls though (due to the angled headstock) and they're often glued back together. Use a case to store a guitar if you won't be playing it within the next couple of hours.
Ouch. My freinds BC rich snapped clean off at the headstock and first fret. How did he repair it?, about 3 rolls of extremely tight rapped selotape. I have to find a picture of it, its hilarious, but it still plays fine haha.

It is possible to glue it back together as Epoxy resin is just as strong as the original wood grain. Just make sure you go round and pick up any tiny splinters of wood that fell off.

You can do it youre self, but if you carfully seperate the two halves, and paint the inside of every surface of wood with epoxy, then push it back together and clamp it shut, and DO NOT touch it for at least a week, you might find you're 335 will be happy once more.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass