hey guys,
im interested in trying these strings but i dont no which ones to get my guitar is set up to .011 - 0.49. So are there any ideas what ones to get?
These strings are like rust magnets. If you like rust, just stick these strings out for 2 minutes. Voila, insta-rust.

.011s - .054s like the guy above said.
Quote by Invictious
These strings are like rust magnets. If you like rust, just stick these strings out for 2 minutes. Voila, insta-rust.

Wow, i didn't know that looks like ill give these ones a miss, how about GHS strings, i play mostly blues and rock n roll
Sorry to Hi-jack, but I cant remember, what gauge are the Standard Slinkies (I think yellow pack)
I play Dean Markleys, and have never had a problem with rust (which is a real issue with the Ernie Balls), I use a .10-.52 set and that works great for me, so there's another option for ya.
Ernie Balls rust within days. D'addario are really high quality at the same price as Ernies.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Ernie Balls rust within days. D'addario are really high quality at the same price as Ernies.

+1
They bend to much
Rust easy
Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

Quote by MrCarrot

Fender strings are the only strings i've had rust problems with... Ernie Balls last me a long time.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
GHS do strings? thats news to me.

I use pure tone strings because they're cheap, don't rust and never break.
mmmm.... well i wanted ernie balls because they are easer to bend since the elixirs i have on now are a bit tight. How about the Ernie ball anti rust ones?
i dont find the ernie balls that easy to bend... but i am using 14's purple package.. n yes they do rust alot
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
I use Elixers, and they last practically for months on end. I'm not a huge fan of Slinkys, because with a FR, they become too loose for my comfort.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Use some intellect people, rust speed is gonna be mainly dependant on whats in your sweat and how much you sweat.

Cheers.
Quote by sofubar
Use some intellect people, rust speed is gonna be mainly dependant on whats in your sweat and how much you sweat.

Cheers.

Yep I've never really had a substantial rust problem with Ernie Balls, and they seem to last me about the same amount of time as D'addarios.
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack
D'addarios for the win

Those EBs really depend on the make though. Some rust within seconds, some take hours.
no, never days.
They suck too much
Rawr.
ok thanx, but is there anything out there that isn't hard to bend and has good life expectancy
he jsut said that elixirs are too tight for him. D'addario my man, d'addario, Or strengthen your fingers....
Quote by Invictious

depends where you live. if you're in a very humid climate, of course some strings will rust. I live in Calgary, which is about as dry as you can get in canada, and i have neve had my strings rust... i use super slinkys all the time.
I must admit. After 2-3 times I bought ernies, they always seemed to crap up on me. I"m definatley trying GHS BOOMERS or most likely D'darrio again.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R